HH-60G Pavehawk Kitty Hawk 1/35 DONE!!

Pete Fleischmann

34 minutes ago, Hawkwrench said:

Pete, you NAILED it brother!!!

This whole build has/is been simply mind-blowing!

This has been the best H-60 build ever! I wish you would build another hawk. It's like riding a cool roller coaster, you wanna ride it again! You gotta build another hawk Pete!!!

Tim

Tim

Thanks Tim-

maybe someday? Perhaps a Coast Guard Jayhawk- I really like the yellow ones..but even the standard Coast Guard scheme is really cool. Maybe if Floyd does the decals it’ll push me over the edge?

I do want to do the MH-6M with the SF figures riding on the outriggers- that’d be another Archer rivet job- it’d be a fun build..

cheers

Pete

44 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

it was “Transparent Chameleon “ made by SMS Products-

I found it with an online vendor that sells Sci Fi/ Gundam models-

HTH

Pete

Awesome. Gonna have to get some!!!

EDIT: I've looked and I can't find it online. Can you post a pic of it please?

Tim

Edited by Hawkwrench

Bloody Outstanding Pete!

Haven't checked in, in a while and was surprised to see how much you had done,.....these Helo builds are complex, and especially adding all the figures and gear takes it up a few more notches as well.

This is going to be absolutely brilliant!

Cheer's,

Jeff. 

Edited by JT68

Thanks Jeff- appreciate that!

Hi Tim- I was mistaken- I used the HIQ Parts Mirage Green Seal on the disco light. Although the name implies that it is “green”, it’s still iridescent, and flips between gold and red mostly.

R8hmQVI.jpg

I used the SMS film for the large lens of the FLIR. The SMS film is sensitive to the background color you apply it over. In this case, I masked and shot the lens background black on the FLIR, then applied the SMS film over that-

the black patches at the top of the FLIR turret are carbon fiber decals, cut so that the strata on the decal were horizontal to represent the Louvers that Kitty Hawk missed-

LXJgBBQ.jpg

hope that makes sense-

Pete

Edited by Pete Fleischmann

4 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Good show.  Disco light is the bane of many a helicopter build.

Sincerely,

Mark

so true! I made several until I had one that I felt was good enough.

The Zactomodels one worked out great- it is a multi-piece affair of resin and photo etch that builds up very easily. 

cheers

Pete

21 minutes ago, Pete Fleischmann said:

Yep! That’s it! And that is the vendor I used. Super nice folks with a store in Daytona Beach. Every time I order from them they send me a personal email of thanks.

cheers

Pete

Agreed. I have ordered from them before and checked my account this morning.  Low and behold, I did order two (2) of the SMS sheets back in August. As a matter of frequency...I forgot all about them. So, I placed another order with them for hard(er) to find supplies. I have heard good things about the SMS paints which are much like the MRP series....only made in Oz.

5 hours ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

I have heard good things about the SMS paints which are much like the MRP series....only made in Oz.

They are pretty good, and Scott is expanding the range all the time. They're not as thin as MRP though, and definitely benefit from some extra thinning for airbrushing.

Kev