1/24 scale deck Moto-tug

Ali62

Please indicate your prefered scale or bot if you like  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Please indicate your prefered scale or bot if you like

• 1/24 scale
    • 1/32 scale

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/31/2019 at 11:59 PM

Hi Guys

I have already had quite a lot of work done on this project, all drawn in 3D and most parts are ready for printing.

After that I will need to clean up the parts and possibly add a few more detail parts.

This would be done potentially in 1/24 scale and possibly 1/32 scale, yes I know there is one in the 1/32 Hellcat kit but maybe some would like one to put with other 1/32 scale models.

Before I proceed even further I would like to gauge and interest level, unfortunately I do not have an idea of price as yet but guess in the range of £30-£40.00 for a 1/24 scale option a little less for 1/32.

I will also supply parts or material such as brass rod for actual towbars etc.

Two CAD images shown below

cheers Ali

unnamed-1

unnamed

Hi Ali, 

FWIW, as you wrote, the Mototug already exists in 1/32 but not as a separate release. This is an 'accessory' in the Trumpeter Hellcat boxes and Profimodeler released an etched set to detail it. 

I guess there are people who have no interest in the Trumpeter Hellcat but would like having one. 

Cheers 

Thierry 

Hi Thierry

Thanks for the input, I do know about the Trumpeter one, but did not know about the detail set, I will do some further investigation.

Initially I was thinking some may like it to put with the 1/24 Hellcat, but I am just wanting to get some ideas before committing more money to the project, but so far it is looking that more would prefer 1/32, I am running the pole till the end of the month so will see what develops in that time.

cheers Ali

As a producer, I confirm what Thierry said is also a subject of interest to me in the future production on my catalog precisely because it only exists bundled with Hellcat Trumpeter, the cad seems to me a little too simple, perhaps it needs more details.

4 minutes ago, onosendai said:

As a producer, I confirm what Thierry said is also a subject of interest to me in the future production on my catalog precisely because it only exists bundled with Hellcat Trumpeter, the cad seems to me a little too simple, perhaps it needs more details.

Thanks for the reply, I agree more details would be needed, but I am and was just trying to find out the interest level, before committing more work to the project.

It is an area that I have not been involved with before as I usually do aircraft parts, and my first idea was to go with the 1/24 Hellcat.

Perhaps we should you and I should speak as it would be pointless for both of us to produce a niche market tug and especially in the same scale.

3 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Perhaps we should you and I should speak as it would be pointless for both of us to produce a niche market tug and especially in the same scale.

No problem for this, I've said that it is one of the possible subjects but I've at least two hundred between ground support, ordnances and more, they won't be enough the seven live of the cats to finish it all....:lol: