Heavy Panzer Walker

spacewolf

Hey all. We are off on an adventure... I'm going to do armor !!:ph34r:... The last time I did a tank was... 43 years ago !! Now before you get worried and think I've gone 'normal' :frantic:... This is NOT your normal tank... We are talkin' Luft 46 stuff here.. or as I like to call it, Blitzkrieg 47 !! :evil_laugh:

A good modeling buddy on a  FB modeling forum  got me hooked on these.. he picked up 3 of these Dust Studio table top gaming miniatures and watching him build them got me all hot & bothered.

pOdeErb.jpg

They reminded me of the Bandai 1/48 armor I built wayyy back. They come mostly assembled and in Panzer Grey... The detail is quite good !!

pB5oCsg.jpg

I immediately went looking and found this beauty... Imagine.. a walking heavy Panzer.. with quad magazine fed 88's !!

HrnK0gq.jpg

So follow along if you dare.. vee ist goink to get silly !!

The Dust game has several sides, Allied, Axis... and Zombies !! You can pick up figures and wrecked buildings, ect.. Me, I like the German stuff. This thing comes in 5 parts. The plastic is odd.. need 'hot' glues and super glue.. it's both brittle and soft at the same time but can be worked quite well with regular model tools. As I said.. the detail is quite nice..

B4Dgg0U.jpg

LhtJH7A.jpg

It is obviously injection molded and just slapped together...

hexHmnW.jpg

Gonna need lots of cleanup..

PILYTZR.jpg

The glues they used were not the best...

qVtUo84.jpg

Thankfully I was able to pop the two top hatches off without problem.. and some other parts as well..

9J8TzkG.jpg

I grabbed one of the game figures.. nicely molded in one piece.

yIvSRd6.jpg

4WxwTIN.jpg

But to my eye he seemed a bit big.. so I dug out one of my old Bandai kits and ... yup.. he's too big... scaled out to 1/46.. amazing what 2 points difference looks like !

0sekEJh.jpg

BTJr8lI.jpg

WPA5RBi.jpg

So... with the scale firmly established as 1/48 It was time to start cleaning this puppy up, fixing and adding detail.. and seeing what trouble I can get into !!

xihHRE4.jpg

More in a few days !!

Well, after a very busy week and my laptop dying ...it's update time !! :clap2:

Lots of putty and seam work...

RFCiLfF.jpg

nttFi4K.jpg

XMvzsSV.jpg

Had to add a thin bit of sheet to bring this side up to match the other side appearance ..

O6Or3pG.jpg

Sanding and using extra thin glue to 'melt' some raised seams..

k0ZuZaC.jpg

It's all worth it though.. primer coat.. this looks sooo good !!

auFGwF2.jpg

I had pulled out some of my old Bandai armor kits for figures... the kits are great, the figures, not so much...

YAVQIAX.jpg

So off to the model shop and got some Tamyia figures...

JcQdnpn.jpg

I haven't done a lot of figure painting in the last decade or two.. much less in this scale.. but the old skills came through. Man the detail on these figures !!!

qe7U459.jpg

XeTzlN3.jpg

All Vallejo acrylics...

mRb8pIC.jpg

HqIulP3.jpg

aBWAgPA.jpg

Things are coming along well... gotta tackle the bottom/ walker section next.

Cheers for now, more in a few days