RAF F-4J(UK) Phantom 1/32 Tamiya

Piero

Hello,

this is my last model, an F-4J(UK) Phantom (E / ZE353) with the 74 (F)Squadron, also known as "Tiger Squadron", based at RAF Wattisham in the late 80s.

The model is based on the Tamiya kit with the addition of the Black Box resin cockpit, GMT resin J-79 exhausts and engine auxiliary air intake, resin wheels and a resin SUU-23A gun pod.

I made the reinforcement strip running under the fuselage along the wing using plasitcard.

Other minor details come from the Eduard PE sheet.

I've also added some hydraulic hoses and plates to the undercarriage wheel bays.

The pitot and AOA tubes are made of metal by Master.

A couple of red coloured resin FOD were added to the main jet intakes.

The unique camouflage is done using Tamiya and Gunze colors: for the greenish bluish gray I made my own mixture.

Decals are from Yellowhammer, but I've used small roundels from a Xtradecals sheet... the Yellowhammer's are too big.

CIAO!

Piero

cof

cof

cof

cof

cof

sdr

cof

cof

cof

cof

cof

cof

cof

cof

sdr

sdr

Edited by Piero

I love it. I remember an airfield attack by 2 of these on exercise in the 80’s. Someone on here I think was selling the kit + decals earlier this year. I nearly bit the bullet but then read the decals could just fall apart because they’re aged now. How was yours?

Steve.

19 hours ago, Stevepd said:

I love it. I remember an airfield attack by 2 of these on exercise in the 80’s. Someone on here I think was selling the kit + decals earlier this year. I nearly bit the bullet but then read the decals could just fall apart because they’re aged now. How was yours?

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Thank you!

My Yellowhammer decal sheet was in good conditons.

The only problem I've found are the the pale blue/pink roundels... are too big.

Ciao!

Piero