F-102 questions...

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of questions for 102 geeks  J

1) In the Flight Manual it is stated that (after landing) "The speed brakes should be left in the extended position to facilitate turnaround". I guess it is to allow for the parachute to be put back in place for the next flight. So my assumption is that the speed brakes were left opened intentionally and not because of a drop of hydraulic pressure (which would rather make them close I suppose). As I want to build my 102 with speed brakes closed I guess that this configuration is technically possible for a parked aircraft. Can someone confirm?

2) I intend to build the following plane. This plane is an early model that was based in Langley during the late fifties. Does someone know if there is any picture of any of the planes of this unit fitted with drop tanks? (drop tanks were introduced in 1958).

cjhcj12.jpg

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Warbird said:

Hi Guys,

2) I intend to build the following plane. This plane is an early model that was based in Langley during the late fifties. Does someone know if there is any picture of any of the planes of this unit fitted with drop tanks? (drop tanks were introduced in 1958).

cjhcj12.jpg

Thank you!

Here you go.

unrCAN.jpg

Thank you Jennings but my intention is to build it with the speed brakes closed, therfore I wanted to be sure that it's not technically impossible for a parked aircraft.

My machine will have NMF tanks, thank you TBC!

23 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Interestingly enough, I'll be doing those exact same air-frame markings on my 1:72 Meng F-102, also using the fündekals sheet(s). I may do the same scheme on my Encore 1:48 kit too.

I'm building the Revell (Monogram) 1/48 kit and the least I can say is that it has been a tough struggle to make it look acceptable to my eyes.

1 hour ago, Warbird said:

I'm building the Revell (Monogram) 1/48 kit and the least I can say is that it has been a tough struggle to make it look acceptable to my eyes.

Yep, it's not a new kit by any stretch, but I already have it, so I'll probably go with what I have.