Model Shops - Toronto

Gerhard

Hi Guys, my son in law is visiting Toronto for two weeks, any good model shops you can recommend? He asked me for a shopping list. Ones that will have a decent collection of AM stuff will be a plus. 

Thanks

6 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Hi Guys, my son in law is visiting Toronto for two weeks, any good model shops you can recommend? He asked me for a shopping list. Ones that will have a decent collection of AM stuff will be a plus. 

Thanks

Wheels and wings for sure. If you know what you're looking for, try emailing them and see if they have it in stock. They may even be able to set it aside for your son in law  to pick it up.

5 hours ago, Thomas Lund said:

Having visited W&W just a few weeks ago I can stand behind Richard 1000% - what a shop !! I have taken the opportunity on business trips to visit many shops around the world... this one is one of the best I've ever visited

It was great to meet you there Thomas and I'm glad the shop was everything we all said it is.

Carl

4 hours ago, Winnie said:

Is the model section at Aviation World completely gone now? I used to pick up some good AM stuff there...

I was talking to Mark (Marek?) there a little while back and he said they're going to try and get back into the hobby side of things. So hopefully they'll be back at it soon.

Gerhard, you can take a virtual tour of the shop on their site:

http://www.wheelswingshobbies.com/

Click on the "virtual tour" label on the left side of the home page, then use your mouse to direct your view left, right, up, down, and move the arrow ahead and click to move around.  Don't forget to go "downstairs".

Norm.

Is Hornet Hobbies no more?  I went there in 2003 or so and it was definitely worth the visit.  I had to give it a miss on my last trip due to time pressure but Wings & Wheels was great.  Fortunately I had just enough room in my luggage to fit in a bargain Dragon 1/32 Bf110 without having to wear all my clothes on the journey home!