dpastern

Focke-Wulf Fw-190 A-6 Eduard 1/48 YouTube (Plasmo)

Not affiliated with David in any way, and I presume many of you have seen his excellent videos, but golly, his work is gobsmacking!

ie

he has more talent in his pinkie that I do in my entire body 100x over lol!  

Enjoy!

Edited by dpastern

Just watched this only yesterday. What I really like is that he gets fantastic results from not really doing anything special. I've been finding his work very inspirational, and it's starting to restore some mojo for me to get back to the bench. The diorama he did to accompany the model is also fantastic.

Kev

1 hour ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Just watched this only yesterday. What I really like is that he gets fantastic results from not really doing anything special. I've been finding his work very inspirational, and it's starting to restore some mojo for me to get back to the bench. The diorama he did to accompany the model is also fantastic.

Kev

Well, I'm a basic guy, so when I see photo etch or hacking stock parts for resin etc, that's special in my eyes.  I too found it inspirational.  I haven't seen the diorama video yet.  

I'm guessing most of the guys have seen his videos, but if they haven't, then they're in for a treat.  

6 minutes ago, dpastern said:

Well, I'm a basic guy, so when I see photo etch or hacking stock parts for resin etc, that's special in my eyes.

I think his real skill is in having a very good eye, and knowing what to use when, and when enough is enough.

Kev

It's special to me, too.   As much as I love the detail he's imparted, I can't ever seeing myself trying.  Full time job, family duties...  and far too many models to build.  And I can barely wait for the putty to dry.

10 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

Wow is all I can say to that. I’d never thought to clean up rough and not quite straight edges from cuts with glue. File that little tip away for later. 

That's something I do all the time - a little bit of chemical sanding goes a long way! It's something I learned to do as a clean-up technique for rescribing, and it seemed natural to expand its use from there. Just keep in mind that it's not a panacea, and is really only good for fine scratches and rough surfaces, rather than anything more pronounced.

Kev

I've watched a lot of his videos. Have you seen the one where he makes a dio for this Fw190? It's excellent work

21 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

That's something I do all the time - a little bit of chemical sanding goes a long way! It's something I learned to do as a clean-up technique for rescribing, and it seemed natural to expand its use from there. Just keep in mind that it's not a panacea, and is really only good for fine scratches and rough surfaces, rather than anything more pronounced.

Kev

just one of those things that had never occurred to me. Then again despite being a modeller first years I’m only a fairly recent convert from Tube glues to liquid cements. I filed it in to the memory bank for attempts at tidying up burrs and straightening lines in places my smallest file won’t fit. A problem I’m likely to encounter more now in my 1/48 odyssey. 

Having subscribed to David's YouTube channel, and watched a few more of his videos, there is one area of his modelling that I do think is special (in the sense that it's more than ordinary modelling skills applied extraordinarily well), and that's his lighting abilities and skill with electronics. That stuff has always befuddled me!

Kev

I subscribe to plasmo and love every one of his videos. He does some amazing things with car kits too. Again, nothing special, but really impressive the finishes he gets with clear coats and polishing. 

He has a diorama of an abandoned russian tank that is really impressive

8 hours ago, Bstarr3 said:

I subscribe to plasmo and love every one of his videos. He does some amazing things with car kits too. Again, nothing special, but really impressive the finishes he gets with clear coats and polishing. 

He has a diorama of an abandoned russian tank that is really impressive

He seems to be able to tackle any genre of modelling, and master the techniques it requires, which is really impressive. He's quite a young guy from what I've seen, and obviously has enormous amounts of time, patience, and dedication. Much respect from me.

Kev

I've known about him for several years now and love his work.  Always enjoy it when a new video is posted.

I like that he builds a wide diversity of subject matter.  

He's definitely taught me a few tricks.

He's one of the best Youtube modeler guys out there.

10 hours ago, ringleheim said:

I've known about him for several years now and love his work.  Always enjoy it when a new video is posted.

I like that he builds a wide diversity of subject matter.  

He's definitely taught me a few tricks.

He's one of the best Youtube modeler guys out there.

I think he's the best. Some others, like Scale-a-ton, Hangar 182, are very good, but I think he has the best combination of modelling and video skill. The production quality of his videos is consistently excellent.