Hawker Fury, Hart and Demon

I was the successful bidder on eBay yesterday morning for a Silver Wings Hawker Hart, a kit I have been hoping to buy for some considerable time - it will be a stable mate for the Demon that's already in the stash and will eventually form part of my "Hawker Heritage" line of kits (Hurricane, Typhoon, Tempest, Sea Fury, Hunter etc.).  So as usual, even though I don't have the kit yet, I've started doing a bit of research as reference material, and came across a wonderful website which I felt some of you chaps might enjoy:

https://vintageaviationecho.com/flying-the-hawker-fury/

:D

Edited by mozart

3 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Thanks Max,

Great website with beautiful big photos! Do you have a kit of the Fury? Such a classic!

Alain

No I don't Alain, more's the pity.  Silver Wings have done the Hart and Demon but for some strange reason not the Fury.....I'd be all over it if they did!  I'm not aware of anybody doing a 1/32 Fury, others may know different?

Those photographs are something else aren't they, a modeller's dream.

Belay that about Fury kits, apparently Alleycat make one in our scale.....I hope so because I’ve just ordered one! 

Edited by mozart

14 minutes ago, Iain said:

And it's very nice too Max - I have one here...

Iain

So glad you’ve said that Iain, I haven’t been able to find anything about it anywhere! I think there’s a review of it here on LSP but I can’t find it. :wacko:

1 hour ago, mozart said:

So glad you’ve said that Iain, I haven’t been able to find anything about it anywhere! I think there’s a review of it here on LSP but I can’t find it. :wacko:

It's really nice Max - I have the original Montex release - with masks instead of decals.

There's a nice build over on Hyperscale: http://www.hyperscale.com/2014/features/hawkerfurymki32rh_1.htm

Iain

10 minutes ago, Iain said:

It's really nice Max - I have the original Montex release - with masks instead of decals.

There's a nice build over on Hyperscale: http://www.hyperscale.com/2014/features/hawkerfurymki32rh_1.htm

Iain

Ah that’s brilliant Iain, thanks a lot. Interesting to read about the Silver Wings association via the pattern maker, that’s reassuring regarding quality. That build is definitely bookmarked......a Fury, Hart, Demon line up is going to look fantastic! Just a small matter of making them now.

Yes - it's very similar quality/breakdown to the Silver Wings Hawkers...

I'm the same Max - I have the Fury and Hart - and would love to get a Demon.

Am cutting my teeth on some simpler WingNut Wings builds first - and experimenting with Radu's flat rigging wires - before I tackle the Fury.

Iain

I've had the elastic perish and fall apart after being in the display case for a few years - hence looking at the wires.

Others' mileage will vary - and I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had similar issues?

Also have the two sizes of Easyline - which I haven't really tested yet.

Iain

Regards the Fury, when Alley Cat took over production Ali improved the undercarriage. I had a Montex version, which I sold, then regretted it, and bought an Alley Cat version when it came up on ebay. As Iain said it's a very nice kit, and I concure with K2 the MMP book is well worth it.

My Silver Wings Hawker Hart arrived in the post this morning:

naJ7VK.jpg

with some mouth-watering inter-war markings to savour:

XxWrIu.jpg

I thought I'd compare the Hart and Demon fuselages just out of interest:

U7RhON.jpg

and they are nearly identical apart from some surface details/panels, exhaust and the cockpit area:

Y8oPYr.jpg

I'm looking forward to the Fury arriving in good time and then probably in the New Year making a start on the family of biplanes.