Airfix 1/24 Hellcat

Vynce804

Hi All,

the big airfix hellcat is finally finished!  An enjoyable build of a really Great kit.  No real issues just took some careful building and plenty of dry fitting before glueing  in place.  The blue was tricky to get any depth and variation and didn’t really like being worked with oils.  I used a neutral wash for panel

lines and as a filter.   Resin wheels was the only after market and all markings are painted.

cheers

Matt

tFPxOJj.jpg

bGDc5Cx.jpgvGtV780.jpg2zFML3I.jpg

gKvsUbh.jpg

8uRDtHT.jpg

a735rXy.jpg

X5kRImD.jpg

v9Rqmas.jpg

RpuX1DZ.jpgydjUgaz.jpgilatynx.jpg6DpCc62.jpgRuAraH7.jpgutkBIqs.jpg1YjQUn4.jpgxfUwh4g.jpgpjvWUnj.jpg

nice

it's tough to make these big monotone aircraft seem interesting, and I think your finish is has achieved that

seat belts and seat pad (parachute?) look fantastic

i'm still in two minds about the surface detail of the kit - it just looks to much like one of my duvets with that super-quilty effect

That really is a very impressive model Matt! It looks right in every respect and I for one think Airfix have the surface detail spot on. My brother-in-law’s father was an FAA “ace” flying these so I’ve a mind to model his Hellcat based on your build. Many congratulations on a very fine looking Hellcat.

23 hours ago, Stevepd said:

Love, just love it. Will it be at Telford?

Steve.

Sorry Steve it won’t be at Telford,  though I am planning to be there on the Saturday.  It will be my first visit and I’m really looking forward to it. Cheers. Matt