Jennings Heilig

We're back to the R E A L L Y S L O W forum response

12 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

It's taking 30-45 seconds to load every page this morning for me.  It started yesterday.  Not my system, as everything else runs fine.

Yep for me too, all devices. Using Firefox

Me too, also on Firefox.

Edit: ironically, this post went up almost instantaneously.

Edited by MikeC

I've experienced slow loading on a random basis. Sometimes lightning fast and sometimes incredibly slow. No rhyme or reason. 

I have my Kindle nearby and am reading a couple paragraphs waiting for the pages to load.  Slower than trying to pour molasses out of a bottle in January.

This is normal for me, mind you I'm only living in the worlds 5th largest countries economy so can't expect too much. Where I live in Lincolnshire I'm sure the actual infrastructure i.e. the copper cables,telephone system etc  were delivered by horse and cart and if you think about it that's correct because all we had here before the coming of the railways in about 1860 was  just a few farm cottages.

Graham

21 minutes ago, GrahamF said:

This is normal for me, mind you I'm only living in the worlds 5th largest countries economy so can't expect too much. Where I live in Lincolnshire I'm sure the actual infrastructure i.e. the copper cables,telephone system etc  were delivered by horse and cart and if you think about it that's correct because all we had here before the coming of the railways in about 1860 was  just a few farm cottages.

Graham

LOL.. I hear ya.  When we had the big derecho storm in Virginia in 2012 (when my power was out for 11 days), I was talking to one of the out of state crews that had come in to help get things put back together.  In the hollow where I lived, he told me the main feed line supplying the hollow had work tags dated 1940 on it.  That's when electricity first came into the hollow.  While at that point there were actually more people living there (more farms with big crops of kids), the number of households was much smaller.  And in 1940, the average Virginia farm house probably had four or five light bulbs and maybe a radio, but that's it.  No dryers, dishwashers, air conditioners, etc, etc, etc.

Same, both on my PC and phone.   Its just this website, everything else is fine.    It’s so bad that on occasion, page is timing out.