Looks like the Revell P-51D is coming back in a Revell USA box

Dave Williams

3 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

At least you will get the Frenesi scheme in the box. I am still puzzled about the reason behind the fact this was omitted from the European release... 

"Frenesi" has a scoreboard consisting of swastikas. In Germany that is problematic because there is legislation regulating that. There is no point in going over "why", that has been hashed and rehashed multiple times on forums for years, but fact remains that they had to avoid any markings containing swastikas. Outside Germany that is not a problem, hence Revell USA can do that. 

Radu

3 hours ago, Radub said:

"Frenesi" has a scoreboard consisting of swastikas. In Germany that is problematic because there is legislation regulating that. There is no point in going over "why", that has been hashed and rehashed multiple times on forums for years, but fact remains that they had to avoid any markings containing swastikas. Outside Germany that is not a problem, hence Revell USA can do that. 

Radu

That makes sense (in the reasoning behind the EU release not having it, not the German Hakenkreuz legislation)  

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

That makes sense (in the reasoning behind the EU release not having it, not the German Hakenkreuz legislation)  

Actually, despite the obstinate refusal by the "fillet obsessives" to accept it, the D-5 is the most colourful and most "decorated" version of the Mustang bar none. To me, the D-5 is the coolest Mustang and it came to Europe around D-Day when there was a lot of fighting. There are so many beautiful colour (and I really mean COLOUR!) schemes, invasion stripes and impressive score boards, but they cannot be issued in Germany because the score boards invariably contain swastikas. 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

19 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Eventually ...

9Yp8sww.jpg

When that does happen, I suspect that Revell will sell a ton of them. I recall a photo of a huge pile of Tamiya Mustang kits (Dave Johnson), but many folks cannot afford that, so Revell becomes the best alternative for Mustang maniacs that want several.