Fokker F1 and DR1

I suppose one question to ask, is whether or not the fabric was clear doped before the streaking was applied. If it was, and I think that was the case, then I suspect that the painted streaking would not have bled through to the interior, as such, but would still have allowed varying degrees of light to pass through, depending on the relative density of the paint streaks in any particular area.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

I suppose one question to ask, is whether or not the fabric was clear doped before the streaking was applied. If it was, and I think that was the case, then I suspect that the painted streaking would not have bled through to the interior, as such, but would still have allowed varying degrees of light to pass through, depending on the relative density of the paint streaks in any particular area.

AAARGHHH!!! A Fokker paint process speculation

RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!!!

:D

On 10/15/2019 at 8:10 PM, Snowbird3a said:

can you give us a reference for this ???

Tony

I’ve been into WW1 aviation for 60 years, and during that time had read a lot of books and talked to a few WW1 Pilots. I’d love to give you a reference, but I don’t remember which book(s) I read it from.

On 10/9/2019 at 7:36 PM, Snowbird3a said:

Not sure what nailing/stitching has to do with bleed-thru, but no, I don’t believe the streaking bled through to the cockpit interior.  Others may know more.  I’m miles away from my references.

Tony

I realized that the nailing and painting had nothing in common.