Revell 1/32 Me-262 in stock Spruebrothers

Paul2660

18 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Actually Mustang wings *did* have *some* panel lines visible even after being puttied, sanded, and painted :)

(Ducking & covering...)

Hallelujah! Then you should "amend" that drawing that keeps circulating on the internet and led to some bizarre "Burt Rutan Composite" (or "wooden") mutilated so-called "Mustang wings". It just looks weird and unlike real Mustangs.

15 hours ago, D Bellis said:

That is the part  of your story that is factually incorrect for an operational/flyable Me 262. But, keep spinning your story - eventually it will match with reality.

D

Let us not get confused. I am reporting (and showing) my own experience. The one "spinning a story" is you. I was there. You were not! 

Radu

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

You mean this one, that clearly shows the panel lines that remained unfilled in black, and those that are filled and sanded ghosted in grey?

92y2XN.jpg

Exactly! Somehow, some people understood those "ghosted grey" lines to mean "no lines at all". The truth of the matter is that the panel lines remained visible, through the putty and lacquer. You can see them on the real thing.   You gotta "correct the record" because too many people misinterpret that drawing. 

Radu

Hardware in a museum seems pretty convincing to me, especially moving parts.

It seems some things get written in granite and become not merely folklore or urban legend, but some kind of immutable truth. (Maybe because some have a vested interest in not treating their already built kits as potentially woefully inaccurate. Oh dear.) 

All I can say is that Radu did a great job on the Schwalbe. 

Tony 

1 minute ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Show me a closeup, sharp, clear period WWII photo.  From more than 5' away you can't see them.

I'm not responsible for how people interpret things.  This is what North American's documentation shows.

Why so choosy? Why place such limits? Why not look at all Mustang anywhere in any museum or airfield or storage shed anywhere in the world? Every single Mustang anywhere in the world has panel lines on the wings. Don't just choose the very specific rarefied conditions that meet YOUR specs. Look at ALL Mustangs. How about, for once, you trust majority?  

Radu

How's this for a "Burt Rutan" wing?  No visible panel lines with the exception of the fuel tank/wing stress plates; the rest is smooth as a baby's !$%!

IE6MI89.jpg

Allison engined P-51 Mustang... Same wing on ALL P-51's through at least the K. No "ghost lines" at all.

REFERENCE:  O'Leary, Michael. (2010). Building the P-51 Mustang, The Story of Manufacturing North American's Legendary World War II Fighter in Original Photos. Specialty Press. MN (p. 66)

Edited by Juggernut

4 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

How's this for a "Burt Rutan" wing?  No visible panel lines with the exception of the fuel tank/wing stress plates; the rest is smooth as a baby's !$%!

IE6MI89.jpg

Allison engined P-51 Mustang... Same wing on ALL P-51's through at least the K. No "ghost lines" at all.

REFERENCE:  O'Leary, Michael. (2010). Building the P-51 Mustang, The Story of Manufacturing North American's Legendary World War II Fighter in Original Photos. Specialty Press. MN (p. 66)

You try zooming into that photo! It is just a blizzard of pixels. That is your proof? 

Radu

6 minutes ago, Juggernut said:

IE6MI89.jpg

Looks typical for a depot or factory fresh example. And where's the camera's point of focus, and what's the over exposure in the underwing shadows in that lovely sunshine? 

Tony 

Yep, that's my proof... Genuine, North American ORIGINAL source photographs.  I've got more, wanna see them?  Existing panel lines are patently visible...zooming in does nothing but pixelate ANY image, even hi-resolution ones. 

By the way, do you know what parasite drag is?  Any VISIBLE panel line will create parasite drag, longitudinal, lateral or otherwise. Why the HELL would North American specify to fill and sand panel lines (butt joints) while leaving them visible?  It just defeats the entire point of filling and sanding in the first place.

Edited by Juggernut

Same question to you as my question for Jennings: how about instead of relying on just the photos YOU like, we look at ALL photos? How about we consider ALL evidence?

Radu

Edited by Radub