F-101 Voodoo

Fred Jack

In the ‘50s every kid looked in the sky to see Voodoos fly overhead and fell in love with them. There are a lot of us baby boomers around, but not even one 32nd injection moulded model. If people knew how good they looked next to a F-104, everyone would want the pair.

Naaah....i don't know, put the 101 next to the 106 iso the 102,  and then i "hope" or "guess" that these two, the Voodoo and Dart would be pretty in favour to be presented in 32nd scale kits.....

but then again a SEA 102 would be a dream as well.......

I must be in the minority, as I'm not a huge fan of the Voodoo. I dont hate it, but I'm not a huge fan. 

We have a 102 here at SAC, and cant say I'm a huge fan of it either. 106.....different story all together.

The Voodoo is a decent looking plane, and we have on at SAC as well, but it would be HUGE in 32nd. 

The cost to make an IM or resin 101 in 32nd would be pretty high......high enough that Im not sure any manufacturer IM or resin would be able to recoupe that cost 

The two seater '-101B/F Voodoo is an acquired taste but the long-nosed RF-101A/C recce model in natural metal, cellulose or polyurethane aluminium, Aircraft Gray or even camouflage exudes slick beauty. 

Gimme!

Whatever others think of the kits, I'd be very happy indeed if Kitty Hawk scaled-up its 1/48 Voodoos to 1/32. French Connection UK the errors — we can deal with those.

Unfortunately reconnaissance jets don't score with modellers because of their relatively benign mission. (That's why the RF-4C Photo Phantom always gets second best treatment or is ignored.)  Give them a nuke option, which most could carry, and create a box top with a Voodoo etc pulling Gs with a nuclear fireball in the background — and ker-ching! Sale!

The Six also appeals but twice shy after seeing an April's Fools Day Trumpeter offering twelve years ago. Holding of breath not advisable.

Tony 

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

I must be in the minority, as I'm not a huge fan of the Voodoo. I dont hate it, but I'm not a huge fan. 

We have a 102 here at SAC, and cant say I'm a huge fan of it either. 106.....different story all together.

The Voodoo is a decent looking plane, and we have on at SAC as well, but it would be HUGE in 32nd. 

The cost to make an IM or resin 101 in 32nd would be pretty high......high enough that Im not sure any manufacturer IM or resin would be able to recoupe that cost 

There are plenty of planes in production that are much bigger than the 101. Each person has different tastes.

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I really don't think the 101 would be a great selling kit (and a very expensive kit to produce) in 1/32.  The 102 and 106, yes, but not the 101.

It would sell well in Canada, especially if all the colorful Cdn squadron markings came out as sets. But yes a small market

Love the Voodoo. 3 distinct aircraft, F-101A/C, RF-101A/C, F-101B.

I have seen much more obscure aircraft brought to market. So in my mind not impossible to see a 1:32 kit.

Not holding my breath either.

Dan

I've somewhat recently been on a Voodoo kick of my own, finally locating a copy of the 1:72 Revell kit, and have been gathering some cool references on it too. I'd love to see a kit in 1:32 scale.

6GfVfu.jpg

MYJWSO.jpg

I love the Voodoo, and indeed all of the Century series, I went so far as to build all of them in 48th  years and years ago, long before the Hasagawa 104 became available, so yes , a Long time ago, but one thing that always amazed me is how big these beast are , 

The 101 is approx the same length as the DC-3! - just ponder that before you start a campaign for it ,and the other of the Century series in 32nd...

CR

I love the one-0-wonder! This is my favourite century fighter with the F-100.

The Voodoo was used over Cuba and Vietnam for many years. I think that a clever marketing would result in correct sales, more particularly in that period of low releases of large scale jets. 

6 hours ago, Chek said:

If you can have an F-4 Phantom in 1/32 then a Voodoo shouldn't be a problem either.

The F-101 is more than 10'/3.04m longer than the Phantom and even has a longer wingspan.     I'm definitely not saying a 1/32nd F-101 isn't possible, but it feels like its a bit big for 32nd in relation to how popular/well known it is.   A 1/32nd B-17 is much MUCH bigger, but I feel sells well because of its popularity with aviation enthusiast and modelers. I'm just not 100% convinced the 101 would be a huge seller in 32nd, but I could also be wrong on that. Its happened many, many times before.