AD-5 Skyraider

2 hours ago, SimonCornes said:

Thank you for that. I'll have a look but it seems that there's plenty of info for the 'classic' single seat Able Dog! Where to find 'Fat Face info' eh?

I'm guessing that you mostly have to mine info from the other books, what little there may be of it.

16 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm guessing that you mostly have to mine info from the other books, what little there may be of it.

I think you’re right. A pity, I would have thought there would be at least one ‘Fat Face’ dedicates book, especially in the USA !

I don’t disagree with you Jennings and I am overrun with books but whilst the Skyraider is an interesting aeroplane with a rich and long history, at this stage, all I want is some interesting and varied colour scheme information for a single build and these volumes are too expensive for that one task. I’m surprised there isn’t a single volume, either current or available ‘pre-owned’ for around the £/$20-25 mark. But if there isn’t, there isn’t!

I have possibly more than twenty Skyraider books and can tell you there is no definite single source, more particularly for the fat ones. Try getting the Squadron Walkaround or the recent in action booklet. Quite cheap and many pictures. SAM publication is also re-editing their Skyraider book and it is also quite cheap. 

Hth

Thierry 

My local The Works has the Haynes A-1 book in at £7.00, I can get you copy tomorrow if htey still have any in stock, or you can get it from their web site. If you have a local branch give them a try, but they can be a bit spotty with what they have. I'm after the Apollo 13 issue for example!!

Tim in Bristol