Hobby Boss 1/32 B-24D

belcherbits

6 minutes ago, 32scalelover said:

If you don't mind waiting a month they are $141 shipped on Ebay.

Hey Greg,

Did you happen to see which user on E-Bay that was, and if they happened to have any of the "J" model B-24s for that price?

TIA

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Hey Greg,

Did you happen to see which user on E-Bay that was, and if they happened to have any of the "J" model B-24s for that price?

TIA

Yes they also are selling J's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobby-Boss-83211-1-32-American-B-24j-Liberator-Bomber-Plastic-Mode-Aircraft-Kit/392469420792?epid=13027130995&hash=item5b61001af8:g:6oIAAOSw8yFcw~Xn

I wanted to go away from E-Bay this time... that's where I ordered my original one, and I received a stuffed animal key chain instead with a typed note that asked me to "please accept this gift instead and please be patient. It is taking time to customize your order."

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

2 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

I wanted to go away from E-Bay this time... that's where I ordered my original one, and I received a stuffed animal key chain instead with a typed note that asked me to "please accept this gift instead and please be patient. It is taking time to customize your order."

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

wow that's crap!

(and sorry for laughing but your description of their response was quite funny)

i hope you can reclaim your money and that you don't lose out

fingers crossed for you

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

wow that's crap!

(and sorry for laughing but your description of their response was quite funny)

i hope you can reclaim your money and that you don't lose out

fingers crossed for you

Fortunately I already got my refund from the seller. They can enjoy the negative feedback. Already got a new one on order!

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I just dared to cut off the forward fuselage-section from the kit part, using a printed template to guide the scriber. I hope I don't regret this act of slaugther :D

cqj4jpu.jpg

The printed fuselage section will need some sanding to get a nice transition to the kit part, but basically it works.

VtNRC0U.jpg

SvPJ2v7.jpg

Now, I'll try to make a new nose, based on better plans.

Cheers

Alex

19 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Hey Greg,

TIA

TIA,

If you are wary of Ebay.  Freetime hobbies has one on sale today for $179.99 with free shipping.

https://freetimehobbies.com/1-32-hobby-boss-b-24j-liberator/

Greg

Pardon my ignorance,but nobody has mentioned the horrible wing problem I have seen pics of,

Have the wings been corrected on newer releases?   The shape of the front fuselage and clear part looks correctable without too much sweat.

Just the humble opinion of a guy who doesn't have the space or funds for what looks like an impressive kit.    cheers  Ernie