Hobby Boss 1/32 B-24D

belcherbits

1 hour ago, belcherbits said:

Yeah, that's me.

I have a few items for LSP fans coming out. My scale is 1/48, but I can be tricked into other scales :)

Mike Belcher

Welcome!!!!  Love your 48th stuff, can’t wait to see what you can do in 32nd!   

Nice catch on the “jowley” HB nose as well.   

Edited by John1

Not the first time that Monogram has been assumed to be correct and then found rather wanting. That said I do love the way they can look if done right but (as my F-100 is proving) they are rather a labour of love. If only they had got the F-105 nearly correct!

As a long term fan of Belcher bits a GR V conversion would be very welcome - particularly the BP rear turret that I understand they used.

Will

12 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Yes, the Monogram nose is wrong because it tapers too much.  However, it still tapers slightly on the real thing.  It does not bulge out at the bottom like the HB nose.

It's a minor thing IMO compared to the real photo.

These Chinese companies are all a little suspect and we all know that up front.  Some are worse than others.

You don't go into a Hobby Boss project not expecting some level of imperfection, do you?

Again, I'll pass. 

The kit probably needs a new rear turret anyways... It's probably the same turret that they used on their J release...the A-6B, if memory serves.  B-24D's used a different turret, the A-6A that did not have the guns enclosed in cheeks.  You can probably morph the A-6B into a reasonable A-6A though with a little love.

79B6nqy.jpg

A-6A

Ouhk1R0.jpg

A-6B

Edited by Juggernut

.....sometimes i really get fed up with  this BS ........just build the damn thing, all this bickering about accuracy, inches wise, this-too-wide-this too-narrow, this not being realistic, blah blah blah..........IT'S A HOBBY FOR PETE SAKE..............enjoy assembling it............