WNW 1/32 Lancaster delayed until 2020

Royboy

6 hours ago, Royboy said:

On the other hand those with very restricted hobby budgets might just find that they can afford one and make a purchase that otherwise might not be there?

I think todays main manufacturers are looking at all ways to develop better sales and profits, as indeed their shareholders/owners expect.

They should sell well, we'll see as time moves on.

I agree with you.  I think the nose-only kit will add to their coffers, not detract.

Uses a lot of the research/computer work already done in a package that might be attractive to the modeler that doesn't want the entire aircraft.

In fact, I might be one of their customers on that nose-only thing.  I like unusual kits like that.

19 hours ago, GrahamF said:

I think the nose section only offering  might turn out to be an own goal, If you give people an excuse not to spend more money they'll take it.

Graham

...but once you have built the nose kit, you will start thinking "Gee, it would look great with wings and a full fuselage, just imagine, four Merlins hanging next to the nose."

And then you're gone. Another large scale kit sold to the man with the paintbrush.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been thinking about this, the owner of WNW is Peter Jackson who is the film director responsible for the Lord of the Rings series,  he is also the future director of the film The Dambusters and as such has built several full scale Lancaster bombers for the film. To do this he would of had to have scanned the  Lancaster in real life to get the dimensions / details correct, if that is one reason why he has chosen to do the Lancaster, IE they already had the 3D drawings for the full size one, it might be interesting to note they have also built a 1/2 scale Wellington bomber using presumably the same technique. 

Edited by TonyT

Other than a good B-24 and a Halifax lll, I don’t want any WW2 four engine bombers. I wished that WW2 designers could have kept us future modelers in mind and made all bombers with folding wings.