WNW 1/32 Lancaster delayed until 2020

Royboy

Looks like WNW are having production problems according to Hannants.

Well they are turning the kits out at a fair old rate now I suppose.

I can wait, still got the HK version to do yet!

Happy days!

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

As long as the DR.I kits arrive in a timely fashion, that's all I'm concerned about. I saw one of the built-up HKM Lancasters recently, and it's just gigantic, much too large for me, I'm afraid.

You sissy Kev!! :D:)

Blagh.. The one year my wife agrees to open the purse strings a little, so that we have one big expensive present.. and then this happens.. 

Ah well , wonder when the 1/32 Buccaneer will be ready...!

I got a mail shot from Richard Alexander saying that they weren't happy with some of the test shots and wanted to get it right. Can't argue with that! its remarkable how the cash set aside for a Lanc this year has somehow found alternative things to be spent on! Modelling eh?!!

I’ve been toying with the idea for months and I’m getting excited for Telford now. I haven’t had that chat with the CFO yet but it’s our 30th wedding anniversary in Nov so this was my line of enquiry to steer her for a pressie. I’m sucked in on the quality of WNW kits as I have no experience of their products but everyone can’t be wrong, right?.

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd

Steve

You are not wrong. Wingnut are as amazing in the plastic as they are in photos. You'll see it, and then you'll look at the HKM kit, then you'll know. It's as simple as that. Time schedules slip. It might be summer next year before you get the chance to buy one but its probably months worth of entertainment when you do. The nose section only kit will also be very popular I should think and far easier to store/display and a fraction of the cost.

Simon

2 hours ago, GrahamF said:

I think the nose section only offering  might turn out to be an own goal, If you give people an excuse not to spend more money they'll take it.

Graham

On the other hand those with very restricted hobby budgets might just find that they can afford one and make a purchase that otherwise might not be there?

I think todays main manufacturers are looking at all ways to develop better sales and profits, as indeed their shareholders/owners expect.

They should sell well, we'll see as time moves on.