Hasegawa F-4EJ Eggplane

Greg W

11 hours ago, RLWP said:

You seem to be balancing total obsession with light heartedness with this. Very impressive

You can't beat a bit of serious silliness from time to time

:goodjob:

Richard

This project has been such a great time because I am playing with the art form again. I definitely went over to the dark side for a while and modeling stoped being fun. Recently, I completed twelve models that I built for someone else. Which reminded me that there is a great value to completing models. It occurred to me that I had not finished a model of my own for a very long time. This little eggplane will be something finished that I can take to the model club and then return to the long term big project with renewed vigor. Reconnecting with the enjoyment and fun of the hobby and remembering to retain the light heartedness you recognized, is a tectonic shift mentally but so very important! Here's to adding fun to our deep desire to getting better at this amazing endeavor of scale model building!

Edited by GDW

18 hours ago, Tony T said:

I came back to this after an hour at the doctor's surgery! 

Utterly bizarre but it all makes perfect sense, sort of. 

Do continue...

Tony 

I think I feel the same way! The most important thing is that I'm having a good time with this. None of us should try to understand it...

Edited by GDW

Alright, so after experimenting with the first type of instrument panel cover, it was obvious that the foreshortened windscreen leaves very little room for much of anything in front of the pilot. That meant the instrument panel had to be short and thin. Kind of a good thing because small and simple is easier to make. Here is version number two:

48850047701_1ab438b18c_b.jpg

48862358228_18e6c6062a_b.jpg

48862878831_5031e25559_b.jpg

48862877526_66ca78d417_b.jpg

48863082737_a49bb1c81b_b.jpg

48863083227_d9f0fab2ed_b.jpg

Edited by GDW

That panel looks good. If you wanted to have a third go (!) try exaggerating it a bit. Either make it bigger for the pilot to lurk behind, or into a small lump to say 'it's here'

You don't need a third go though - move on while you have some momentum

:piliot:

Richard 

I like maintaining the momentum for sure. The suggestions you gave me are great and I did mull over the idea of doing another with those considerations in mind. Having the benefit of a day to look at it, I think it looks good. There might be enough space for a HUD which would be cool to add if there is room.

Greg

On 10/8/2019 at 3:40 AM, RLWP said:

That panel looks good. If you wanted to have a third go (!) try exaggerating it a bit. Either make it bigger for the pilot to lurk behind, or into a small lump to say 'it's here'

You don't need a third go though - move on while you have some momentum

:piliot:

Richard 

Edited by GDW