Jennings Heilig

Any of you guys C-130 smart?

It's too vague a request. Avionics, history, structure, paintwork? All of us know bits, but just that.

F-111 used the same MLG tyres. 

Zvezda are doing a new tool 1/72 kit next year. 1/32 would be too big.

Tony 

Posted (edited)

Thanks Kevin!  I sure hope the book is better than the blurb on their web site!  A Boeing on skies?

Working on our biggest so far: C-130 Hercules

One of our future book projects is our biggest so far: a complete photographical portrait on the Lockheed-Martin C-130 Hercules. Boeing in service with about 72 different countries and having been produced in so many versions, you can imagine that this is going to be a big book. We’re at about 190 pages and many models will be addressed in this publication: the Ghostrider gunship, Combat Talon II, LC-130 on skies, fire fighting Herc’s, RAF C-130’s, and many many more. When available? Probably November 2019 !

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Posted (edited)

The 1990s World Air Power Journal series may well be the best concentration of C-130 info. I believe they ran Hercules over a couple of issues or sixty or so pages. Otherwise, wait for the HMH doorstop volume K2 mentioned above. 

If Neil's looking for a 1/48 project kindly suggest Avro Vulcan.

Tony 

Edited by Tony T

Typos seem to be fairly common with their books so far, something I intended to mention during my last review but forgot.

Thank you for pointing out the 2 typos in the blog on the website in such a nice way. It will be modified quickly.

The series was started by a couple of modellers that were looking for details in order to make better models. The first book was released just over 2 years ago. The books are filled with those details as well as the aircraft in action, in the hope to inspire modellers. The aim is to provide photographical portraits of aircraft and we hope that the photos will be helpful for those of you that are actual building models and inspiring for those with a stash but no mojo.

Efforts will be made to have no more typos, obviously. This series is something that is done on top of daily jobs. Organising base visits, air-to-air shoots, photo selections, research, distribution and lay-out + writing of 11 books (1.260 pages in all)  in just over two years by two friends, is quite an adventure, so a typo can happen. Again, we'll do our best to avoid them. 

The C-130 book is driven by our passion for the aircraft. And while working on the 196 page book, we have noticed many people share this passion. Having had the opportunity to fly in a few of them, this is a project that is special for us. I can confirm it will be presented on November 9 in Telford.

Nic