New 1/32 Su-57?

Tomcatfreak

I still prefer it to be just a rumor. The Su-57 is not yet finished, and any kit produced now reflects the prototypes. I believe it is better to wait for the plane comes operational. There is so much subjects expected along years that it should be the focus in the meantime.

Edited by FCM

11 hours ago, FCM said:

I still prefer it to be just a rumor. The Su-57 is not yet finished, and any kit produced now reflects the prototypes. I believe it is better to wait for the plane comes operational. There is so much subjects expected along years that it should be the focus in the meantime.

Couldn't agree more, a much better subject would be the Mig 25.

I'm hoping Trumpeter scales up its Su-11 Fishpot and considers an accurate Su-15 Flagon.

ICM could rework its excellent Foxbats up to 1/32 scale, stuffed in somewhere between its big scale biplane programme.

Most of all, I hope Tan Model gets the resources to cut its 1/32 Su-33 moulds and put out what would probably be kit of the decade.

Tony 

On 10/6/2019 at 1:32 AM, Tomcatfreak said:

But better to have an inaccurate MiG-25 in 1/32 than no MiG-25. We are modelers and can handle it. Thats our job :coolio:

You want to be a real modeler, I have a project for you: a 1/24 MiG-25. It is huge. It is supposedly a reject casting for a row of MiG-25's in the background of a shot filmed for Independence Day. It would be a resto job as well as modeling project as it is in poor shape. I would sell it for cost of shipping. I am gonna have to trash it if I cant find a home for it.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

You want to be a real modeler, I have a project for you: a 1/24 MiG-25. It is huge. It is supposedly a reject casting for a row of MiG-25's in the background of a shot filmed for Independence Day. It would be a resto job as well as modeling project as it is in poor shape. I would sell it for cost of shipping. I am gonna have to trash it if I cant find a home for it.

Do you have a photo of that MiG-25?

Alain

Not on me. I can tell you someone cut it in half about the middle of the fuselage, through the wings. There is no cockpit, just top half of a bang seat. There are no wheel wells or LG or details. I am not sure how it was put together, exactly but it appears to mainly to have been cast in two halves, horizontally, they epoxied together. Unfortunately, they didn't get it together properly so the fuselage is out of round. It needs someone to take a Dremel and cut through the epoxy, remove all of it(about 1/8" tp 3/16")  and re-attach the halves in the correct position. The wings have ripples in them like someone stored it in a hot attic for years before selling it.

If you are still interested, PM me and I will send you pics when I get back home, which won't be till after Jan 1st as I am out of town and won't be back till Jan or Feb. 

On 10/6/2019 at 3:32 AM, Tomcatfreak said:

But better to have an inaccurate MiG-25 in 1/32 than no MiG-25. We are modelers and can handle it. Thats our job :coolio:

There are different degrees of totality inaccuracy. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd welcome any Russian aircraft in 1/32, I'm Russian after all.