Jump to content
Kagemusha

1/32 Buccaneer anyone?

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

It's an English thing, makes everything over here seem bigger, when the reality is, it's just not. 

It's more to do mainly with Model railways scale, 1:48th is a quarter of an inch to the foot, it's a rare scale to work to now.

 

Graham

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GrahamF said:

It's more to do mainly with Model railways scale, 1:48th is a quarter of an inch to the foot, it's a rare scale to work to now.

 

Graham

 

Even here in the states, in construction/architectural circles, it is common to refer to 1/4" = 1'-0" as 'quarter scale.' It is a common drawing scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always wondered if 1/72 was ever "sixth scale", 1/144 "twelfth scale" or 1/24 "half [an inch to the foot] scale".

 

Of course, 1/35 means "takes two HP2 battieries" and 1/32 used to be known as "54mm" or "slot car scale".

 

Tony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

While you're at it :D can we have a decent Lightning, Phantom, and Jaguar?:thumbsup:

 

From what Tony says we're getting the Phantom next year, the Jag is, hopefully, still coming from Kitty Hawk, sadly I think Trumpeter ruined any chance of a decent im Lightning. 

 

Then there's the early Harrier... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

 

From what Tony says we're getting the Phantom next year, the Jag is, hopefully, still coming from Kitty Hawk, sadly I think Trumpeter ruined any chance of a decent im Lightning. 

 

Then there's the early Harrier... 

 

I'd LOVE a decent GR3 or GR5 Harrier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets with Roundels , that's what you're really talking about isn't it ,  to the above list add Sea Vixen, Vampire family, Scimitar jet Provost , Gnat , and so on .. ok ..!

 

PS Sea Harrier FRG 1 please!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

While you're at it :D can we have a decent Lightning, Phantom, and Jaguar?:thumbsup:

I thought the Lightning was one of Trumpeters A team efforts? A friend of mine built it and it looked the business.

Graham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1 October 2019 at 6:13 PM, Kagemusha said:

 

From what Tony says we're getting the Phantom next year... 

 

 

That's what I picked up from LSP, so it's mostly wishful thinking. Just hoping the 1/48 vier motors don't delay proceedings.

 

Still a bit resistant to resin, mostly due to the need to use cyanoacrylate glue, but I mght have to change my ways.

 

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Still a bit resistant to resin, mostly due to the need to use cyanoacrylate glue, but I mght have to change my ways.

 

 

Ive heard of people using UV activated gel glue to hold stubborn resin parts while the epoxy they used to hold it permanently dries. Some people don't recommend CA for resin at all. I personally have build (6 + at least) nearly every resin kit I've built ever with CA without issue. 

 

Although in your case, if its an allergy or what-not, then I can understand, and the above, or something like it may help you avoid the use of CA and still work with resin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...