1/32 Buccaneer anyone?

Kagemusha

Mine arrived today!!!

A third longer than my F4e wow!!

I am very impressed with the quality, don't get me wrong, it will be a lot of work but I'm impressed with the quality of castings, panel line detail etc.

So who is going to scratch me some RAF pylons? (Just being lazy I suppose I could do it!)

The seats are ok but (being lazy) are there am seats that would suit?

Cheers

Brent

Looking forward towards the nose, front seat off-set to port, nav seat to starbd.

As for seats, with mods to the headbox and thigh guards and colour scheme, I think you could get away with using MB Type 5 seats from a Phantom, with early metal sides and fabric chute container, or Type 7 late with the hard chute container depending on the era. It won't be exact but close enough for a model as long as the headbox is the correct style.

Edited by Chek
clarity

I am attending a photoshoot with the Buccaneers at Bruntingthorpe on 22nd feb if anyone wants / needs specific photos. Ill try and spot the curves as discussed above. 

On decal note, I asked nigel about methods of ordering / payments for the sheets discussed and whether the gulf war sheets are an option. 

I am awaiting a reply but I will chase him up after the Christmas holidays 

On 12/26/2019 at 11:16 AM, mozart said:

14 detail pictures that Tim took of the Buccaneer at Yeovilton Thierry. 

Twitface is a mystery to me.... I'll post the album on my personal page which you should be able to see! Will fox all my family and motorcycling friends though! Not you Max, of course!! Apologies..

On 12/27/2019 at 5:20 AM, Simmo.b said:

Mine arrived today!!!

A third longer than my F4e wow!!

Brent

That's weird - there's only a couple of inches difference with my Tamiya F-4J.

The Bucc does succeed though in the difficult task of making a Phantom look undernourished.