1/32 Buccaneer anyone?

Kagemusha

Mine is in the mail!!

And Kits World have emailed me, thay are upscaling some of their 48 scale Buck sheets which include full stencil data.

I'm going for a gulf war set, I know that most of the stencils were painted over on these aircraft but this set gives the best options. I can use the stencils on any version, have the gulf nose art if I choose that scheme and I mask and spray roundels and codes anyway.

Cheers

Brent

2 hours ago, Simmo.b said:

Mine is in the mail!!

And Kits World have emailed me, thay are upscaling some of their 48 scale Buck sheets which include full stencil data.

I'm going for a gulf war set, I know that most of the stencils were painted over on these aircraft but this set gives the best options. I can use the stencils on any version, have the gulf nose art if I choose that scheme and I mask and spray roundels and codes anyway.

Cheers

Brent

So we'll see it at Expo along with your 17' next year lol?

Cheers Bevan 

On 12/22/2019 at 2:02 PM, Chek said:

Does anybody have a comment on the dip of the intake just prior to where the wing junction commences?

It's not something I've noticed before, but in fairness you'd have to be above the beast to see it. It may well be there - but just not visible in most WA photos.

I'm also thinking it may look more like it when the wing's attached. Or it may need filled. It's the same on both sides.

Observations welcomed.

49257791878_3a162ca542_b.jpg

Hi,

My kit has the same shapes. Initially, I wondered about that as well. However, after having checked dozens of pictures, I'm not convinced that is erroneous. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find a picture that clearly shows that area. Nonetheless, if you look at light reflections  on the colors and their borders, you can see a hint of a surface difference.

For instance, look here: dux_buc_01a.jpg

This is not obvious but other pictures shows similar effects. The main problem is linked to the fact that area has very complex shapes because of the wing root. Personally, I'm not convinced the area requires correction. What we can consider to be a dip may be linked to the fact the intake is actually bulged right further to fair in the wing root. I think that one aspect that is generally not fully accurate in most kits is the transition between the wing and the fuselage. It generally looks to be far smoother on the full scale airframe.

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Hi,

My kit has the same shapes. Initially, I wondered about that as well. However, after having checked dozens of pictures, I'm not convinced that is erroneous. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find a picture that clearly shows that area. Nonetheless, if you look at light reflections  on the colors and their borders, you can see a hint of a surface difference.

For instance, look here: 

This is not obvious but other pictures shows similar effects. The main problem is linked to the fact that area has very complex shapes because of the wing root. Personally, I'm not convinced the area requires correction. What we can consider to be a dip may be linked to the fact the intake is actually bulged right further to fair in the wing root. I think that one aspect that is generally not fully accurate in most kits is the transition between the wing and the fuselage. It generally looks to be far smoother on the full scale airframe.

I think you're right Thierry. I can see hints of it in some of the Buccaneer in flight videos, but nothing clear enough to freeze-frame.

It's also apparent that the upper engine bay cover does not have a straight lower edge.

Ideally it would be a great help if someone could clamber aboard one of the Bruntingthorpe jets with a camera to get some relevant shots of the area.

I strongly suspect Alan has it right but it's not been a prominent enough detail to be concerned about in the smaller scales

Edited by Chek
spelling