1/32 Buccaneer anyone?

Kagemusha

On 11/12/2019 at 10:32 AM, mozart said:

Excellent Tim, we could see some modelling then? :huh:  An alternative to butchering the Bucc would be to buy a new bike with larger top box!  When's your next meeting by the way, may drive up to collect the Lightning bits if that's OK?

Buy a bigger bike, he said!!!!  Knowing full well I just paid off this one!!

Next Thursday,  21st November, and yes, I'll bring them along, with the Bucc bits if I can....  See you then, hope the hol was refreshing!

Tim

I too was fortunate to score one of these huge lumps of resin! 

I can only echo the previous sentiments. 

Alan has done a wonderful job in producing this kit.

It certainly isn't likely to be a quick project and will involve LOTS of dry fitting sanding and re-scribing . That said, the level of detail Alan has managed is superb and for a blank canvas on a wonderful subject £180 is good money, he does have to cover his costs after all. There is a serious amount of resin in the box! 

HOWEVER, the decals are, for me, really a non starter, this is, i think, a minor point as with such a big chunk of real estate masks would be the way forward for the main markings.  The smaller stencils may be a slightly bigger issue. 

Anyone fancy a go at some Bucc markings? 

I am too much of a coward to be a trailblazer in building this behemoth so i am not ashamed to say it, I will likely watch developments and plagiarize work accordingly. :shrug:

I think agree about the markings, especially for the RAF version, I hoping to get one , and as I've said elsewhere , I've been rummaging among my spare sheets to come up with enough bits and pieces to do a 12Sq aircraft, but a full set of markings would make a pleasant change from doing decal scavenger hunts  fro the last 3 builds!

ColinR

Another thread Phil , 

Graham, to be honest Roundels are the least important part of any RAF decal sheet , I'm sure we've all got drawers full of left over sheets , and also sheets of generic markings including roundels , so it wouldn't really be an issue , But for the Buc the RAF Yellow Walkways , and Red access panel stenciling , now that's where it gets interesting!

Spent a bit of time looking more closely at the parts today, and there are some shape issues here and there, but nothing major, and easy to clean up with abrasives and Milliput or similar. Mine has a bit of a warp. in one fuselage half, but again, a couple of strategically placed saw cuts and a bit of persuasion will sort that.  Trailing edges of wings and tailplane are good, but the fin and rudder will need quite a bit of sanding to get a reasonable trailing edge.  The wing root fairings are also a bit overstated,  so I will reduce them too.   I haven't studied the detail parts yet, but the seats and cockpit parts are impressively busy, and there is a refuelling pod in the bag as well as wing tanks.  I will post some pics shortly. Big model, big project, but wow, a 1:32 Buccaneer!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hot off the press. 

Nigel has done some upscaling work for the two sheets outlined.

The upscaling process produces 2x A5 sheets for 7 aircraft options in the case of sheet 137 and 5 options for the sheet 140 

The Sets will be priced at £25.00 each. 

I have also asked about the gulf war sheet option being produced and await a reply. 

I get the impression that it doesn't matter about batch production as the sets are produced on an individual basis. 

Edited by Phartycr0c

£25 sounds very reasonable indeed especially compared to what I've paid for big Spey Phantom sheets from CE.

But I'd really like to see how smaller items like the stencilling have come out before ordering.

But great stuff Nigel for bothering at all!