1/32 Buccaneer anyone?

Kagemusha

53 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

It's an English thing, makes everything over here seem bigger, when the reality is, it's just not. 

It's more to do mainly with Model railways scale, 1:48th is a quarter of an inch to the foot, it's a rare scale to work to now.

Graham

5 hours ago, GrahamF said:

It's more to do mainly with Model railways scale, 1:48th is a quarter of an inch to the foot, it's a rare scale to work to now.

Graham

Even here in the states, in construction/architectural circles, it is common to refer to 1/4" = 1'-0" as 'quarter scale.' It is a common drawing scale.

I've always wondered if 1/72 was ever "sixth scale", 1/144 "twelfth scale" or 1/24 "half [an inch to the foot] scale".

Of course, 1/35 means "takes two HP2 battieries" and 1/32 used to be known as "54mm" or "slot car scale".

Tony 

6 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

While you're at it :D can we have a decent Lightning, Phantom, and Jaguar?:thumbsup:

From what Tony says we're getting the Phantom next year, the Jag is, hopefully, still coming from Kitty Hawk, sadly I think Trumpeter ruined any chance of a decent im Lightning. 

Then there's the early Harrier... 

50 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

From what Tony says we're getting the Phantom next year, the Jag is, hopefully, still coming from Kitty Hawk, sadly I think Trumpeter ruined any chance of a decent im Lightning. 

Then there's the early Harrier... 

I'd LOVE a decent GR3 or GR5 Harrier. 

Jets with Roundels , that's what you're really talking about isn't it ,  to the above list add Sea Vixen, Vampire family, Scimitar jet Provost , Gnat , and so on .. ok ..!

PS Sea Harrier FRG 1 please!

On 1 October 2019 at 6:13 PM, Kagemusha said:

From what Tony says we're getting the Phantom next year... 

That's what I picked up from LSP, so it's mostly wishful thinking. Just hoping the 1/48 vier motors don't delay proceedings.

Still a bit resistant to resin, mostly due to the need to use cyanoacrylate glue, but I mght have to change my ways.

Tony

2 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Still a bit resistant to resin, mostly due to the need to use cyanoacrylate glue, but I mght have to change my ways.

Ive heard of people using UV activated gel glue to hold stubborn resin parts while the epoxy they used to hold it permanently dries. Some people don't recommend CA for resin at all. I personally have build (6 + at least) nearly every resin kit I've built ever with CA without issue. 

Although in your case, if its an allergy or what-not, then I can understand, and the above, or something like it may help you avoid the use of CA and still work with resin.