Revel 1/32 Tornado GR1 - FINISHED

Stokey Pete

Depressing news to report. The paint job may go no further at this moment in time. The feeder pipe from compressor tank to regulator has split at the point where they come together, causing a leak that can't be stopped. 

Money is a bit tight at this time of year so a new compressor may have to wait until early 2020. :BANGHEAD2:

I have the most awesome wife. She's bought for me, a new compressor.

While I'm waiting for it to be delivered, I've got to work on the Flightpath ALARM missiles.

They're mini kits by themselves. They each have 25, yes 25 tiny brass details per missile. I'm building 4 :clap2:.

The Storm Shadow weapons (2 of) also have some 30 etched nickel parts that make up the fins, etc. 

49200822708_c37a8bf730_b.jpg

Edited by Stokey Pete

14 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

I have the most awesome wife. She's bought for me, a new compressor.

While I'm waiting for it to be delivered, I've got to work on the Flightpath ALARM missiles.

They're mini kits by themselves. They each have 25, yes 25 tiny brass details per missile. I'm building 4 :clap2:.

The Storm Shadow weapons (2 of) also have some 30 etched nickel parts that make up the fins, etc. 

49200822708_c37a8bf730_b.jpg

Your ALARM missiles look great. I just received a set of 1/32 CAM ALARM missiles. The missile bodies were in good shape but every single resin fin was broken or wrapped beyond use. 

I may have to dip my toe into PE work, I have two Flightpath Sea Eagle missiles I might use now. 

Collin

Thanks Colin, the only trouble with the Flightpath stuff is there's no decals. 

Fortunately, my references for this particular build show that the ALARM drill rounds have very few markings apart from a couple of bands and the word drill on each side of all fins. The Storm Shadows are similar, sporting a few black bands, and some square markings that I assume help with reference points for video work. 

I'm attempting (for the first time) to print them myself.

• 2 weeks later...

After the maddest of working weeks run up to the Christmas break, I've finally managed to get some more paint on the beast. 

It's had a second randomly applied coat of base colour, slightly shaded differently than the original, starting to give the paint job some depth. I've also done a rough post shade of the panels which will be blended in with some more base coat filters and random panel work. All told there's going to be 5-6 different shades of the same base colour to really bring it to life (I hope).

49259935752_9017d456ac_b.jpg

Edited by Stokey Pete

Folks. 

Its with a heavy heart that I'm declaring myself out of the GB.

The airframe is just about finished with regards its weathering and decaling, etc. 

Where im going to fall short on time is the armaments. I ordered some decal stripes to create the bands around the weapons. They've failed to turn up, and I suspect they'll not be here until the middle of next week. 

To honour the rules, it won't be 'finished' until after the deadline.

I shall of course continue to show the progress and finished article. It'll be a first for me to build and complete a build so quickly. I'm the slowest builder in the world. :lol: