Arado Ar 234C 3 1/32

Sturmbock

This is exactly where I got it from! 

A picture on the back side of the instruction book of their re-released B2.

There is a box art of the Model together with their Saab Tunan with only the inscription " Coming soon"! nothing more.

I hoped there where some rumors of a possibly release soon!:(

On 9/24/2019 at 8:40 AM, Troy Molitor said:

Oh man I’d love to see this come out.   I hope it’s a true.  Isn’t the C3 the fastest aircraft that actually saw action in WWII?   

Never saw action I'm afraid.

War ended before they could start flight testing.

7 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Ive got Radu's amazing B-2, but even with that and the occasional grumblings about the Fly kits fit, Id definitely have to invest in a C3.

Id have loved to have got hold of Radu’s kit, looks much nicer than Fly’s. I do want a C3 too! I’m hoping ZM do one so I can have it all opened up :) 

Exellent Brian, i'm going to be following you on this. Verry much looking foward to this kit, and even more to the Tunan. Fly and special Hobby have become some of my favorite manufacturers. Ruben.

Edited by firefly7

3 hours ago, PhilB said:

Never saw action I'm afraid.

War ended before they could start flight testing.

That's incorrect. The first serial production Ar 234C-3, W.Nr. 250001, was test flown on 30 January 1945. The highest known W.Nr for the Ar 234C-3 is 250012, and it is estimated that ca 15 aircraft were built before the Alt Lönnewitz plant was captured in mid-April 1945. Apart from four series aircraft that went to Rechlin, BMW, SAGOS and K.d.E. for testing, and a few airframes retained by Arado for development work, the other machines were sent for operational use with III./EKG 1 and III./KG76; likely, the test machines originally retained by Arado were later also turned over to III./KG 76 (likely four aircraft). After III./EKG 1 was disbanded on 29 April 1945, its machines were supposed to be transferred to 1.(F)/100; while it's not clear to what extent this really happend in the final days of the war, the two Ar 234C-3 machines found at Prague at the end of the war (W. Nr 250001 and 250012) may have belonged to 1.(F)/100, having been transferred from III./EKG 1. Use of Ar 234C-3 machines is documented for both III./EKG 1 and III./KG 76, with Lt. Stellbrink of III./KG 76 being killed in a crash while flying an Ar 234C-3 on 28 April 1945. In addition, there's also a loss record for an Ar 234C-4 operated by 1.(F)/123 being shot down near Böblingen on 04 April 1945. So, while only a limited number of Ar 234C series aircraft were produced before the war ended, they did see limited service in the final days of the war - and they were most definitely flight tested.

For further details, see:

Brown, D.E., Poruba, T. & Vladař, J. 2012.  Luftwaffe over Czech Territory - 1945. IV. Messerschmitt Me 262 Production & Arado Ar 234 Final Operations. JaPo, Hradec Králové, 158 pp.

Edited by pvanroy
Typos