Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair - Done!

Brett M

13 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Looking good!

Thanks!

Question for the masters here....is MRP 133 Blue-Grey the correct color for a two tone early war Corsair? It just looks very grey to me, compared to photos of other finished models. 

Minor work done today, mainly smaller parts sprayed black and attached, along with some Barracuda decals. Tiny, but definitely worth the effort and detail they add! 

Prior to any gloss, just dry fit some parts together. Started some wear on the rudder pedals. May need more "dirt". 

48801689846_95ed6d306b_b.jpg

And about an hours worth of work with decals on the port side. Looks pretty strange with the gloss coat, but once it's been hit with matte, this really should look nice!

48801835452_16f5960c83_b.jpg

As always, comments, critiques, suggestions....all are welcome!

Brett

On 9/26/2019 at 9:31 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

That's looking pretty good, Brett!

Kev

7 hours ago, misha71 said:

nice start

Thank you both. 

Decals are all applied on the parts painted. I'll hit them with matte tomorrow/Sunday and get some additional parts prepped and painted, hopefully. House and yard work galore this weekend, but I'm hoping for some bench time. 

48806263678_81ceb4cd7b_c.jpg

48806263653_0bb5b91b72_c.jpg

Edited by Brett M

4 hours ago, curiouslysophie said:

Spectacular work! That cockpit is shaping up to be a beauty, as will the whole build! The level of detail is incredible.

With regard to the MRP colour, does it look odd sprayed? I found a few of their colours looked a bit out, but were fine when clear coated and weathered.

Thanks Sophie!

The green looks a bit....bright? But having never used any other dark dull green, maybe it's right? It did spray nice and smooth, so a plus there!