Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1 Birdcage Corsair - Done!

Brett M

On 10/25/2019 at 9:47 AM, Eenyweeny said:

That headrest looks very authentic, much better than the kit part.

20 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

:thumbsup:

17 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Very impressive, that headrest looks very comfy! 

6 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I find your crisp detailing very impressive!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. Definitely feel the headrest looks better with the stretched sprue added as well. Plus, it looks better than the rectangular headrest, IMHO.

Progress may slow even more now. My wife found a much faster route down the stairs yesterday and broke her wrist, so bench time may be limited to short spurts. She may need surgery to repair, so time spent away from the bench (and work) will be at an ortho surgeon's office! For now, I've started on the glass on the instrument cowl as well as painting it with MM Interior Black. Montex masks made short work of protecting the clear areas and were much nicer than cutting out the Tamiya masks. I plan to also spray some Tamiya NATO black to replicate the rubber bumper edge that I see in pictures......

Pictures.....tomorrow? We'll see! Hopefully some time to spend in the hobby room!

Edited by Brett M

On 10/27/2019 at 3:36 AM, Brett M said:

Progress may slow even more now. My wife found a much faster route down the stairs yesterday and broke her wrist, so bench time may be limited to short spurts. She may need surgery to repair, so time spent away from the bench (and work) will be at an ortho surgeon's office! For now, I've started on the glass on the instrument cowl as well as painting it with MM Interior Black. Montex masks made short work of protecting the clear areas and were much nicer than cutting out the Tamiya masks. I plan to also spray some Tamiya NATO black to replicate the rubber bumper edge that I see in pictures......

Sounds nasty, hope all went well with your wife

Dennis

29 minutes ago, dennismcc said:

Sounds nasty, hope all went well with your wife

Dennis

Thanks Dennis. We have our follow up later this week. Hopefully just a cast to keep things in place, we shall see though!

4 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Lovely work Brett, hope your wife makes a swift and full recovery.

5 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Superb work, that is one very nice cockpit.

Regards. Andy 

10 hours ago, curiouslysophie said:

That is one beautiful cockpit Brett! Fantastic work!! :) 

14 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Agreed, the leather effect is excellent

17 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Terrific work, Brett! That headrest is really convincing.

Kev

Thanks everyone, the comments are appreciated! Another good note, the post just delivered some HGW seatbelts.....maybe I can get fuselage together in the next few days :)