LSP_Kevin

HK Models 1/48 B-17G!

16 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Can anyone take a couple of minutes to measure the fuselage diameters at the points indicated in Juggernut's posts and share the results with us?  It would be greatly appreciated.  

There is some indication of the HK Models fuselage being too wide in this thread:

https://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?/topic/80781-hks-b-17f-219-the-photon-steps-up/page/3/

Photos from the Japan All-Hobby and Model Show are starting to come in... looks pretty good! First time we've seen her in plastic, too:

48805170293_010a595ab8_c.jpg71212348_2879311415430208_7987756876903219200_n by Dennis SAuter, on Flickr

48805521491_c6da8dea66_b.jpg71348233_2613600065328208_6074247787170496512_o by Dennis SAuter, on Flickr

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

There is video of this kit at the HLJ hobby show report thread.

Also for those who are interested in 1/48 scale: a Dragon 1/48 Bf-109E was at the show with great detail, and there is also a nice video of the Tamiya 1/48 P-38.

On 9/27/2019 at 10:28 PM, Dennis7423 said:

48805521491_c6da8dea66_b.jpg

That seam around the whole circumference of the nose seems pretty significant, probably going to be a pain in the derriere to sort out unless the fit is perfect. Hopefully this kit was a speed build just for the show and with a little TLC and patience it'll go together nicely.

20 minutes ago, TAG said:

That seam around the whole circumference of the nose seems pretty significant, probably going to be a pain in the derriere to sort out unless the fit is perfect. Hopefully this kit was a speed build just for the show and with a little TLC and patience it'll go together nicely.

Based on other sections of the kit, I believe this one was rather hastily built. However, a little putty and sanding, a little polishing and rescribing, and that join will disappear. Fortunately, it's on a natural panel line, so that helps things. If it builds like their 1/32 kit, it should fit together quite well! While their kits aren't Tamiya quality fit, they do fit together very nicely.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I can't wait to see the first builds on this. I still have the Monogram kit in the stash (after having built something like five of them previously) and had no intention of building another one, but this could sway me...

Chris

Juggernut:

Not being a total B-17 expert, apart from adding staggered waist gun windows, is there much else I would need to modify to get a B-17G-35-DL from this kit?

Regards;

Steve