1/32 Me-262 A-1

curiouslysophie

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate it :) 

4 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Congratulations on a job well done!  That is an impressive result!  What did you say your job was?

Gaz

I’m an archaeologist. My specialty is WWII archaeology, and I’m hoping to start a PhD on the archaeology of WWII aircraft next year.

6 hours ago, R Palimaka said:

Second build? Wow. 

Superbly done. You have certainly mastered the art of finish and weathering. Some modellers go too heavy with weathering, but your model looks like a well-cared-for combat veteran. 

Thanks for sharing...and yes, get into the habit of photographing your steps...we're all curious. :)

Richard

Yeah, I’m liking the aircraft though. Keep seeing more kits I want to buy!

I’m glad the weathering looks okay, that was the bit I was most unsure about. I wanted a worn but cared for look. 

5 hours ago, dmthamade said:

It is a really nice build, looks like a weathered aircraft capable of flying, not an abandoned wreck. Have to ask, where did you source the yellow wiring? Seems to be on all WW2 Luftwaffe aircraft.

Don

Thank you! The wiring is just thin copper wire, 0.2mm I believe, which I painted using Citadel Flash Gitz yellow. I paint loads of sections of it, let it dry overnight, and then fit it. You have to be a bit delicate with it or the paint comes off, but it seems to look okay.