1/32 Me-262 A-1

curiouslysophie

Here is my finished Me-262, made with the Trumpeter kit. I added the CMK wheel wells and cockpit, a load of Eduard PE and their wheels, HGW belts, and a few other bits and pieces. Fictional scheme again, not perfectly happy with how the build came out, but it looks like an Me-262 at least!

This was my first build with MRP paints and now I’ve got the hang of them I can say I love them! I now have a growing collection of colours!

I have started on Fly’s Ar 234, which I hope to get done soon. I hope you like my second build :) 

vOTcKLY.jpg

z7cwfI9.jpg

mY6WJk6.jpg

TXAD76M.jpg

HstmO2I.jpg

a3KHuq5.jpg

50 minutes ago, Lothar said:

I have my doubts about this being only your second or third? aircraft model B)

This is a stunning build  with a perfect finish - hats off!! You sure are a very, very

talented aircraft modeller.

Lothar

Haha, it is only my second aircraft. I have built a few tanks in the past, but I am very new to planes.

I’m glad you like it though!

31 minutes ago, Gene said:

Beautifully done!! You no doubt bring talents from some other detail oriented activity - looking forward to your Ar 234!!!

Thanks for posting and sharing!

I do a lot of detail work in my job which helps. I mostly just enjoy meticulous work, and really like miniature versions of WWII machines :) 

The Ar 234 is taking shape, but the fit of Fly’s kit isn’t great. So many seams to be filled!

Wow! That is indeed amazing looking work for an experienced aircraft modeler, let along someone doing only their second.   Congrats on a wonderful looking model! 

Now you just need make a WIP on how you make it all!  :lol:  Its a lovely outcome, and Im sure lots would like to follow along

This looks great!  I like all that wiring you have added to the wheel wells, gun bays, and the engine!

You also did a great job at cutting away the engine fairing and attaching the engine to the wing, which is not easy with this kit.  It's really not engineered to easily do that.

Keep 'em coming!

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Wow! That is indeed amazing looking work for an experienced aircraft modeler, let along someone doing only their second.   Congrats on a wonderful looking model! 

Now you just need make a WIP on how you make it all!  :lol:  Its a lovely outcome, and Im sure lots would like to follow along

Thank you :) I am enjoying aircraft, very different to armour. I start the WIP thread, then get so into doing the build I forget to take pictures, lol. I will start one soon I promise!

1 hour ago, ringleheim said:

This looks great!  I like all that wiring you have added to the wheel wells, gun bays, and the engine!

You also did a great job at cutting away the engine fairing and attaching the engine to the wing, which is not easy with this kit.  It's really not engineered to easily do that.

Keep 'em coming!

Thanks! The wiring really adds detail, and it is better than the PE wires Eduard provide. The engine was a bit of a head scratcher. The Aims wing PE set had some excellent bits to model the underside of the wing and attachment points. Can definitely recommend it.

Second build? Wow. 

Superbly done. You have certainly mastered the art of finish and weathering. Some modellers go too heavy with weathering, but your model looks like a well-cared-for combat veteran. 

Thanks for sharing...and yes, get into the habit of photographing your steps...we're all curious. :)

Richard