HK B-17 nose correction trial

brahman104

G'day guys,

Since this topic seems to come up about every 3 months, I thought I'd show you what can be done if you want it badly enough :) These parts are just a rough trial, but my initial impressions are that it improves the look of the kit immensely. It also *should* be compatible with most of the existing kit parts once I've got it properly cleaned up, apart from a new instrument panel/#3 bulkhead of course and the cockpit glazings.... 

Anyway, I thought I'd share it here in case you miss my build. ;)

Cheers,

Craig

MhQttkZ.jpg

V9DDxNy.jpg

8QCcrlp.jpg

HeNyMDe.jpg

36 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Will you be making the parts available to buy, Craig? 

Initially my thoughts were no, however it would depend on the interest level and timeframe. As you can see the parts are very much in a "raw" state; plenty good enough for me to work with, but not really what I would want to offer to the masses, especially as I'd say a fair few would be expecting a seamless drop fit. If on the other hand there was interest for just a start point like the above with plenty of scratchbuilding and elbow grease, then possibly. The next 12 months for me is going to be exceptionally busy, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get much further than this. Alex (Fencer) was working on a similar initiative with the intent to sell, but I'm not sure how he's currently going with it.

29 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

Interesting endeavor Craig.  I’ve been following your quest for a while.  I hope this come to light.   

Thanks Troy, I'd love to say that I have a ready made conversion set to suit the kit, but time will tell how far I go. As you know from my builds, I am partial to quite a few attempts to get things right.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It does seem there is some genuine interest out there. Unfortunately with an international move rapidly approaching, it'll probably be the best part of about 12 months or so before I can progress this any further. The resin one out of the Photon looks much better (check out the WIP section), and I think may end up making more out of normal cast resin, as it will be a lot more predictable and reliable than the printed versions. I'm also looking forward in the future to doing a bomb bay gas tank for my E model, so keep a look out :)

Cheers,

Craig

• 3 years later...