Kurfurst4

I recently bought this kit. It's nice and maybe not overly accurate but it is

for a shelf filler not a contest. I think in scale the wings are 1 inch short,

that's a lot but I can live with it, not converting it to an A6M3 type 32 as

this kit has the correct cowling and drop tank for a type 21. I started one

many years ago but lost interest and the kit never was packed when I

retired and moved 6 years ago so I'll start fresh.-John

SsBg557.jpg

Thanks, I read that long ago. What I really wanted was information on certain planes and units

so I could buy after market decals. I use to belong to j-aircraft.com for many years but they

cancelled my membership, said it was something to do with spam. I have anti spam ware on

my computer and several systems such as Norton and Malware to protect me. I tried to re

register and they keep saying they are waiting for an administrator to approve my account.

I found out the original owners David Aiken and James Lansdale are deceased, so who took

over and why all this mumbo jumbo about spam. I am NOT a spammer! Oh well if anyone

knows what is really going on there please let me know, I was a member for several years

and this totally blows my mind. They won't even return my e mails. Rant off, on to somewhere

else to look for information.-John

Well, getting information about a plane that does not exist as such will not be easy. You should first decide what you want to do with that kit. Personally, I think that the best thing to do if you want to be reasonably accurate is to reproduce a very early A6M5 as such planes used the A6M3 cowling and you may recycle Quickboost A6M2 exhausts to get such a result. Last, there is not a terrific choice for markings but in any case, markings for most A6M5 of that era were everything but exotic, typically hinomarus and a number on the tail. So, doing that oneself is not that difficult.

9 hours ago, Kurfurst4 said:

Thanks, I read that long ago. What I really wanted was information on certain planes and units

so I could buy after market decals.

In that case, and given the "neither fish nor fowl" nature of the kit, I think your best course of action would be to simply build it out of the box. 

Welcome Kurfurst! I recommend you build the kit and have fun with it. I found an aftermarket 1/32 Zero decal set on Ebay if you want to build something different. On a side note, i've built the Zero kit and I have a couple of the 21st prebuilts and they are nice. the pilot figure is especially nice and the working landing gear that has the correct rake is another plus. 

Here's the Ebay link to the decals:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eagle-Strike-Decals-1-32-The-Beginning-of-A-Legend-Early-Zero-Zens-11-21-32025/123907193566?hash=item1cd971bade:g:5L0AAOSwMJVdfZJq:sc:USPSFirstClass!74033!US!-1