Micro Sol over dried decals?

Ryan

Hi Ryan, no problem, basically something similar happened to me a long time ago, but you have to do it very carefully, I used several, one of them microsol and microset, and also used MR. MARK SETTER and Mr. Mark Softer, in my humble opinion both products are good but you have to be very careful, since they are a bit aggressive (ask my F-16, the product left a white spot on the rudder)

20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

So would you apply and then walk away and wait for the magic to happen, or do I need to tamp it down after application?

And thanks.

I would apply it and before leaving I would control, and very carefully 

I hope it helped, and I hope everything goes well

Edited by Mel

It's pretty standard for me to have to apply decal solvents multiple times over the course of several days, though I do tend to find that too many applications can make things worse. So there should be no issue with you applying more at this stage, Ryan.

However, in your particular case, I'd be more likely to use a hairdryer on a low setting. This works wonders for getting decals to soften and stretch, and no chemicals are required! The caveat here though is to be careful of resin or delicate plastic parts, as it can distort them too.

Kev

That is very conforting to reead Kev, thanks.

All I really need to do is drop the micro sol in a couple of dial faces and not baste the whole area.

I thought about heating some water and dipping a hot q-tip in to get it to stretch.

35 minutes ago, Ryan said:

That is very conforting to reead Kev, thanks.

All I really need to do is drop the micro sol in a couple of dial faces and not baste the whole area.

I thought about heating some water and dipping a hot q-tip in to get it to stretch.

Ryan, I would dip a Q-tip in the red label Micro Sol/Set stuff (can't remember which is which, the red is hotter), and then gently squeeze the bud with my fingers so it's not absolutely dripping...then give it a firm push several times on the dial face decals.  Forget about it for a half hour or so and let it dry.  Repeat several times.  

Another idea: if the decal just won't sit down, give it a tiny pin pick with the finest pin point you can find.  It doesn't take much! 

It will help get the setting solution under the decal.  As that dries, it creates a vacuum and will suck that sucker down onto the dial.  

At least I think that is how this stuff works.

But in general, no, there should be no problem using decal setting solutions many times over many days on the same decal. I've never had a problem with that.

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Eso es muy reconfortante para volver a leer a Kev, gracias.

Todo lo que realmente necesito hacer es colocar el micro sol en un par de caras del dial y no rociar toda el área.

Pensé en calentar un poco de agua y sumergir un q-tip caliente para que se estirara.

I apologize for not having been very helpful