Eduard Bf 109E-3 Profipack FINISHED

MikeC

On 9/18/2019 at 4:35 PM, MikeC said:

I'm not good at posting WIPs as I go,

And I've just proved that, as here's a quick shot of the finished model, which metaphorically rolled off my line yesterday.  I'll do some proper "beauty shots" in RFI soon.

Eduard 1:32 Profipack from the box, and (very rarely for me) done as the boxtop option: Oblt Josef "Pips" Priller's machine of 6./JG 51, based in France in 1940.

109-E3-done.png

Edited by MikeC

According to Eduards notes in the kit instructions, the aircraft probably started off with RLM 70/RLM 71 in a standard splinter pattern above and RLM 65 below with a low demarcation, ie the early scheme.  The blue was later extended up the sides, and later still oversprayed with a mottle of 71 and 02.  The wings and tail also received a random overspray of 02.

So that's exactly how I did it: Painted the yellow first, then the entire upper surfaces in 70/71:

20200330-163418.jpg

20200330-163356.jpg

Then I masked off the upper wings and tail and spayed the blue almost to the top of the fuselage (sorry, I didn't take photos at that stage).  Then I removed all the masking and had some fun doing the mottling.