Trumpeter P-40F Experiment with Vallejo Metal Color

dmthamade

This one sat on the SOD for a while. I built this to test/experiment with the Vallejo Metal Color paints. After the near disaster i had with the P-38, i needed to iron these out. I used The Vallejo stuff for all NMF colors on the build, but using Tamiya primer. What i found is these paints work great!! I have no reason not to reach for these as long as i don't use their primer, i used Tamiya rattlecan primer on this. There is absolutely no accuracy as far as decal color scheme goes, this was only a test!!

52kASk.jpg

Eixj5J.jpg

B6XhHo.jpg

pAkvT4.jpg

2EAyiT.jpg

E0xwjX.jpg

Don

Thanks for the positives, guys!! For an older finish, I think these paints are great. I don't know how they would be as a glossy new finish. A smooth glossy primer would be the place to start, maybe one coat of primer and one coat of gloss black or even gloss clear. The P-38 disaster was when I built the Trumpeter Lightning for the Color my World Blue GB. First time I used the Vallejo Metal Color paint. Stuff came off with the masking tape. Had to strip off all and start over. 

I airbrushed these paints, thinned them with the Vallejo Airbrush Thinner. Sprayed nicely, and that's using a Testors Aztek.

Don