2 New WNW releases: Göring D.VII and Barker Snipe

ringleheim

Since this series of kits come with figures I'm wondering if you guys can recommended any good references? I would sure like to give it a go. I've always avoided figures like the plague.

BTW, I'm nearing the finish of my first WNW kit (Sopwith Dolphin) and have decided life is too short for bad kits. The WNW kit is so much better than anything I have ever built. I have a couple of 1/32 Tamiya kits that I have not tried yet but from what I understand the quality is really good.

On 9/20/2019 at 4:43 PM, VMA131Marine said:

Did you really just diminish and then "both sides" some of the worst atrocities of the 20th Century?

Stating that the good guys also did some pretty horrible things during the war doesn't in anyway diminish what the bad guys did.  Don't recall that post somehow insinuating the two sides were equally bad.  Just gotta keep in mind that during war, both side do some pretty horrible things to opposing combatants and civilians.   

With regard to painting the aircraft, I wonder if the real thing might have some of the original lozenge camo showing through in a few spots?   Unless the factory just used unfinished linen on his plane, maybe in a few spots, you'd see a bit of lozenge underneath?   It's pretty hard to cover up bright colors with white paint, so unless the factory applied multiple coats, which would add weight, maybe you'd see some lozenge showing through on the upper wings, etc?

Good point about the factory lozenge possibly showing through the white. I suppose one would show the reversed lozenge in the pit, maybe with a wee bit of white bleeding through.

IF I were to do a plane like this, I'd start with a super light grey, and go to white as a high light.

Then, oil, grime, mud, oil, etc.

The all white should be quite an interesting challenge that i might take up, regardless of fatty’s actions in ww2. Its the techniques to be used in painting and weathering a monotone finish, let alone white, that would be the centerpiece for me . Besides, another d.vii F in the stash wouldn’t hurt since they’re going for the price of kidneys on ebay 

K

From comparing large photos of Goring’s , his lower wing and under fuselage contrast with the white struts indicate to me that they were lozenge covered and not white. In bright light and at an angle, lozenge patterns could look to be white with dirt splotches.