2 New WNW releases: Göring D.VII and Barker Snipe

ringleheim

4 hours ago, STWilliams said:

A reminder of why I tend to avoid LSP these days.

My mistake.

What a strange comment, the discussion on here is actually very balance (in my opinion), if you really want a reminders about social media hop on the various facebook pages they are in meltdown and hilarious to view. 

I'm really looking forward on seeing how people handle the all white D. VII. I really think I'll buy both. I like the idea of the aces planes with figures and already have 3 of the 4 currently available kits. I need to get the Max Immelmann kit before it sells out.

Yes I'm finding this  chat balanced...I guess the only difference to previous Goering DVII releases is the huge mug-shot on the box and other photos which could put some people off. The photos show through a bit of the bombastic egotist he became later. Like previously mentioned, I will buy it, make another version and maybe take to the figure with paint and scalpel which should wipe the smug grin off his face.  

Edited by Pup7309

6 hours ago, STWilliams said:

A reminder of why I tend to avoid LSP these days.

My mistake.

I think the mistake was your post in the first place to be rather selective in your choice of subjects to attack for being modelled.

The slope is steep and slippery if you start talking morals when modelling machines designed to kill.

More money headed to Peter Jackson...

Hope we see the W29 with Christiansen down the track...

1 hour ago, Darren Howie said:

I think the mistake was your post in the first place to be rather selective in your choice of subjects to attack for being modelled.

The slope is steep and slippery if you start talking morals when modelling machines designed to kill.

More money headed to Peter Jackson...

Hope we see the W29 with Christiansen down the track...

Done already.  Duelist boxing with the Felixstowe.

Fortunately the instructions for cutting down the cockpit sill are in the instructions available on the WNW website and the replacement grab handle is already on the sprue.  The only differences in the new kit, other than the resin figure and decals, are a couple of new PE pieces for the shell deflectors and the solid center bar of the radiator.

Since so many folks have commented on it, here are some of my initial thoughts for how to paint an all-white aircraft.

First: never use "pure white" paint as it will look wrong on a scale model.  I would use my own mixes of white, with like 5% something else thrown in there.  You can tint the white in any direction you like, red, blue, purple, green, brown, yellow....

I'd probably go in a "brown/yellow" direction.

Second: I would paint different portions of the aircraft in slightly different mixed colors.  Hopefully just enough for the eye to kind of see it, but not really notice it either.

Third: I would use an enamel color filter over the entire finished paint work to unify and harmonize everything.

Fourth: I would probably dirty the bird up with whatever weathering effects you like, perhaps a bit more than normal, so as to get rid of that boring "all white" look even more so.

These are just thoughts; I'd be curious if others want to add something.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:34 AM, The Phantom said:

Goering or not its a WNW D.V11 with a WW1 ace 

not interested in war criminal drivel there were plenty of those on both sides in WW2 and this is based on events long before then.

Did you really just diminish and then "both sides" some of the worst atrocities of the 20th Century?