Desert Cat Finished!

Uncarina

This is the Canadian Leopard C-2 Mexas call sign 12B, the dozer-equipped tank for 2nd Troop, A-Squadron Lord Strathcona's Horse (Royal Canadians), 78-58132 commanded by Sergeant Anthony Sewards in Afghanistan. I used the following:

--Meng 1/35 Leopard C-2 Mexas w/ Dozer Blade
--Meng 1/35 Sand-Proof Canvas Cover
--Echelon 1/35 Leopard C2A1 Mexas 2nd troop decals
--Karaya Leopard 1 copper tow cables
--Legend 1/35 C-2 Mexas update set
--Legend 1/35 C-2 Mexas stowage set
--Leopard Workshop 1/35 C-2 Mexas main gun
--Leopard Workshop 1/32 C-2 Mexas antennas
--R Create Miracie (no typo) 1/35 Leopard metal tracks

I really enjoyed this build--the Meng kit has great detail, fit, and engineering, the aftermarket thermal cover fitted well overall, and the other aftermarket I listed above really added to the build. I used a custom blend of Tamiya  and AK Interactive paint, weathered with oils and pastels. Hope you like it!

Cheers, Tom

p6WKNJA.jpg

dZ5Cftp.jpg

FL7EIPJ.jpg

gM8gs8W.jpg

WWmsoxA.jpg

qcY2krD.jpg

12 hours ago, monthebiff said:

Brilliant work Tom, really like what you have done with this one.

Regards. Andy

Thanks so much Andy! It was a fun build and I definitely learned quite a bit. For example, Anthony Seward, the tank commander, told me that this tank earned the nickname “The Alamo” because it became high-centered when it caved in a trench. It became surrounded by Taliban fighters and had to fight them off without any support. The name was written on the back of the hull in permanent marker. You can just see it to the right of the bumper sticker.

Cheers,  Tom

10 hours ago, Brett M said:

Very nicely built and weathered! I don't think I can recall ever seeing a canvas cover on a modern tank, definitely adds visually.

Thanks Brett! It is an early version of the Barracuda thermal covering adopted by the Canadian Leopard II’s in Afghanistan.

Cheers,  Tom