2-seat F-16 Academy / AFV club

David G

I'm sort of a noob when it comes to the F-16, but I have an itch to build a 2-seater USAF version. I know Academy makes a Sufa kit, but can I build an F-16B or D from this kit...not using the conformal fuel tanks and other Sufa parts? Been looking at reviews and can't confirm this is so. AFV Club makes a B but its sorta hard to find and expensive.

if any F-16 experts who have this kit can chime in , I would appreciate it.

Dave

The B kit also features the non bulged mlg doors, lighter door atuators and wheels/tires... thereby taking you most of the way towards a Block 30. Doesn't have the lightweight gear though but I find that to be not very noticible.

Edited by Marcel111

3 hours ago, David G said:

I just picked up a Sufa kit for less than $100 shipped, so am in good shape now. thanks!

You did good!! Real good.  OK, You Suck! kind of good!! 

You're going to love all of the goodies packed into that box.  I wish there was a master spread sheet of everything provided on the sprues for all of the variations you can build.

27 minutes ago, DonH said:

So, if I had a huge rush of blood to my head, could I build a Singapore Air Force F-16D from the Sufa kit?

I'm thinking "Yes".

Yes.  In fact, AFV Club reboxed the Academy Sufa kit as a RSAF F-16D, with the major change being the decals and the deletion of some of the IDF specific sprues.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10220190

Edited by Dave Williams

14 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Yes.  In fact, AFV Club reboxed the Academy Sufa kit as a RSAF F-16D, with the major change being the decals and the deletion of some of the IDF specific sprues.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10220190

Thanks Dave, I'm thinking the Academy Sufa kit is cheaper than the AFV Club version so that might be a good way to go.