Revell P-51D-5NA "Frenesi"

Winnie

Pascal, My wife has a Silhouette studio, so I made a sheet of masks for D-Day stripes, and with that I included a circular mask, that I cut out in Oramask 810. The circle turned out ok, but way too big, I used the 2PiR formula. Which turns out I had the wrong measurement but it is what it is. The Vinyl is softer and stretchier than paper, so it is easier to make a proper mask fit.

Cheers!

Harald.

OK, last update before work for 2 weeks... (I DID get quite a lot of modeling in, next time off won't be near as prolific, as life and work throws wrenches in those plans.

Anyway, my Vinyl masks for invasion stripes worked remarkably well!! I am pleased as can be with these!

TutzGfj.jpg

6L4rdOw.jpg

Looks a bit dirty in the radiator exhaust area, but that is easy to clean up. Also using the gear doors as a mask turned out to work real well too!

Next up will be some clean-up, then gloss. but in two weeks or so!

Cheers

Harald

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got the last of the decals on, but alas 5 days home, of which 3 were spent remodeling (building and buying Ikea furniture) for the wife's she-den. alas, I hope in 3.5 weeks to have some time for my own to play at plastic. need a clear coat and some weathering on the ol' gal now.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, MOJO said:

Looking good. like you my Yahu panel did not fit. Thought it was something I did. Keep up the good work.

I'm certainn it was something i did. for some reason my fuselage is about 2mm wider than it should be so the Canopy wont fit properly, unless the canopy perhaps is squished... Anyway, I have almost finished the kit, looking forward to putting it on the shelf!

• 3 months later...

Are there any other issues you have noticed besides a few fitment problems that need addressing (gun ports) ? I'm getting ready to start the same model, and still debating a NMF vs a painted scheme or even a combination of both. I'm relatively new to the hobby. That will probably be the deciding factor to choose a painted version over NMF, but hey....Ya gotta start somewhere...