Curtiss Hawk H-75 A7 (ML-KNIL) | SH 1:32

Kendzior

8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Looks great, Hubert. What strange colours!

Kev

Thanks Kev :)

The colors look strange indeed; however, it is just according to the most probable version of how the "old leaves" / "young leaves"  camouflage scheme might have been looking like.
According to the AJ Press monograph,  as well as the good old IPMS Stockholm site, the Dutch used US Medium Green as "young leaf"/Jongblad , and US Dark Olive Drab as "old leaf"/Oudblad. So here it is.

The question of how well these MRP paints match the original may be raised, however, after the weathering, the final shade of colors will be slightly different, duller. 
By the way, the longer I look at these colors, the more I like it how they look on this Hawk, combined with the silver underside and orange markings.

Hubert

Looking great! There is a lot of debate (still) going out about what colours Jongblad and  Oudblad actually were, and this will probably never be settled. The best description I have ever come across was a statement from a veteran who said that "from a distance the colours looked the same (so one colour overall), and only from a shorter distance you could distinguish that they were in fact, two colors" . Personally I think your darker color looks pretty good, but the lighter one is a tadd too green (if you don't mind me saying so).

1 hour ago, Grunticus said:

Looking great! There is a lot of debate (still) going out about what colours Jongblad and  Oudblad actually were, and this will probably never be settled. The best description I have ever come across was a statement from a veteran who said that "from a distance the colours looked the same (so one colour overall), and only from a shorter distance you could distinguish that they were in fact, two colors" . Personally I think your darker color looks pretty good, but the lighter one is a tadd too green (if you don't mind me saying so).

Many thanks for your comment, very much appreciated. 

That medium green... well, it is just green, indeed. I think that when it is dusted a bit, this color will be toned down. On the other hand, one can see the camouflage quite well at the photos, two colors are clearly visible. But it may also be due to the photographic material, filters...  so much that at the photos the lighter colour (medium green) is darker than the dark olive drab ...

Will see.

Hubert

Applied some washes, this time I tried the new ones (for me) from Modelers World. Worked very well.

The propeller, landing gear - also received some attention, their time is coming.

The photos without any enhancements, so the colors close to the reality.

BqY5Lj.jpg

2szqsu.jpg

ThjZcd.jpg

ASDRTU.jpg

sW6hH6.jpg

8 hours ago, waroff said:

why the walkway edge has a waves?. it's a strip of linoleum bonded on the wing and the edges are secured by a binding strip screwed into the wing

WtspAZ.png

Source: Avions, No 34 Janvier 96, only for discussion

This is a photo of this particular Hawk, C-329. Why does it look like that? I have no idea. Maybe Mr P.C. van Breen wanted to have something different and asked the servicemen to over-paint the edge of the walkway in this wavy style? Other Dutch Hawks seem to have a straight line there.

It was one of two reasons why I chose this scheme (the white stripe on the fuselage was the second one).

59 minutes ago, Cees Broere said:

Prachtig schema!

Prachtig dank u!

• 2 weeks later...

Added the wheels, and most of the the gear covers, the lights. 

Time to think about the weathering, probably will use some light earth pigments, also to emphasize the rivets just as they look at the photo in my earlier post, maybe some oils for the belly. 

DOeeOA.jpg

TwuzZv.jpg

sMRLrT.jpg

The propeller is not turning, if anyone asked ;).