Curtiss Hawk H-75 A7 (ML-KNIL) | SH 1:32

Kendzior

Even though the early Hawk 75 used smaller wheels and tires, I do not think the actual wheel well opening was altered between it and the P-40’s. You could probably use them as is with no worries. 

Loving your work work so far. Considering how many modelers have claimed that this kit is “unbuildable”, you sure are putting that myth to rest! Great work!

THOR    :ph34r:

2 hours ago, bdthoresen said:

Even though the early Hawk 75 used smaller wheels and tires, I do not think the actual wheel well opening was altered between it and the P-40’s. You could probably use them as is with no worries. 

H81(blue) Overlaid on H75 (black), the web(spar) no 4 at rear of wheel well, straight on H75 is "broken" on H81(and up)to permit the bigger wheel well.

wheel_10.jpg

I've read that the cockpit interior of Dutch Hawks were painted aluminum. Unfortunately I've painted mine green. :wacko:

On 10/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, Kendzior said:

A small progress report.

Cockpit green inside of the cockpit and most of the small parts have been painted as well.

4fEiWN.jpg

2h9BFE.jpg

Have bought the detail-up set for the engines of the HKM's B-17 - got few other kits with the Wright Cyclone engine, so no worry, it is not a regrettable loss.

OSv6TB.jpg

8GSxad.jpg

Going to use the pilot's seat from Eduard. Actually, there's a nice photo-etched detail-up set included in the SH's box, so the rest of the Eduard's set will be used in the future, when I start the Trumpy's P-40B. And the P-40's canvas covers for the wheel wells, the fit is really good - don't know yet if I'll use them, or just make me own based on these, will see.

vDoEPh.jpg

Best

Hubert

Dont't worry, I've read that too, but...

njlc9P.jpg

Decided to believe the photos rather, than books. This is the period photo of production line of the French and Dutch Hawks - and all interiors don't look NMF or aluminium either.

US cockpit colours topic, especially wrt Curtiss planes, is a minefield indeed. 

Thanks for comment!

the cockpit interior of french Hawk was painted in "cockpit green" over the shop coating of Lionoil Prussian Blue.

here seen on H75A3, probably No 224, starboard side between frames 3 & 4

img_2410.jpg

and windshield frame of H75A2 no 151, starboard with bracket to maintain the release canopy cable.

The part in ZCY is a inner side of doubler of the fuselage door

windsh10.jpg

the grey card and background are  grey, neutral chart 18% to set white balance and exposure.

Your shade is near this cockpit green color

Some work on the engine - the ignition cables in place, must say that the Eduard's details fit here very well.

Some of the push rods need to be slightly adjusted and glued in a right place. Overall I think it will look decent after it is carefully painted.

Now it is only primed with the Gunze's Surfacer 1500.

6gno4D.jpg

6iNraH.jpg

U9e43N.jpg

A7 had probably the same wing as A2 and up models with provision for two guns. If guns were not fitted, the sliding shutter of gun fairing was closed and ejection chute door replaced by a cover plate without hole.
On SH model, the doors on top wing are too lenght, and ammo doors are missing at underside.

rivets10.jpg