1/32 HS Buccaneer

Battlebirds

Wow.  That is really great work on the air brake.  

How do you get the material so smooth after to carve it?   Sand , sand and polish?   

I hope you like F111’s and Daggers and Darts!   Lol

great updates.   Thanks for sharing your journey.  

Troy, it's elbow grease. Lots of it. 

Seriously though, I sand the stuff with gradually finer sandpaper, going down to 1000 grit. Then apply floor polish. That Cobra wax in a flat tin. Lavender is ok.

Let it sit in a warm environment so that wax seeps in a little and then use old T shirt to polish the heck out of it. Speed helps. 

I have made the airbrake section and it actually works like the real thing, with the clamshells, drag links and centre guide unit. I can't stop playing with it. 

Next section I want to tackle is the cockpit tub. Not the most well thought out, nor ergonomic jem. It's a total mess in there. That should be a huge "super fun time" LOL!!!!!

Hey Jonathan, 

Glad to see you are finally on LSP ;)

Much enjoying your passion put into this, considering all the effort you and your team has put into the restoration of the real McCoy. I was privileged to see your video of the air brake operation on your model. Not sure if or how it can be posted on the forum? 

Keep up with the amazing work, and looking forward the next update.

Cheers,

John

Jonathan, this is a most amazing build! I cannot tell you how impressive your detail work and craftsmanship really is... you are doing the Bucc real justice! I did see the short clip of the airbrake action on John's mobile last weekend... he simply has to find a way to post that on LSP!  (Ask mods I guess...) But congrats on your major endeavor! All the Best, Marc.

20 hours ago, Battlebirds said:

Hi Marc!

Thanks so much for the kind words!

I remember the club meetings in the "old days", at the SAAF museum. You guys taught me so much! Alec, Louis and you.

Ha, I remember those days also, was seriously young then. It was Louis' 1/48 Iranian F-4D that really inspired me to get into the hobby.

The Bucc progress is incredible!

Marcel

On 9/20/2019 at 10:52 PM, LSP_Ray said:

Amazing work!!! When does the kit come out?:D

Could be, if there is interest in a 1/32 Buccaneer ;)

On 9/29/2019 at 10:00 PM, Marcel111 said:

Ha, I remember those days also, was seriously young then. It was Louis' 1/48 Iranian F-4D that really inspired me to get into the hobby.

The Bucc progress is incredible!

Marcel

Good times indeed :)

Some progress made on the cockpit.

0JIj2Q.jpg

mAHGdl.jpg

tJqEPB.jpg