Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Juggernut

Anybody Notice This New Kit Yet?

Recommended Posts

I bought one a while back when it first came out.  Looks to be a very complex kit.  Haven't gotten around to it yet.  One thing I don't understand is why Zoukei-Mura went to all the trouble of including pistons and connecting rods in the engine cylinders but didn't bother with a crankshaft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CATCplSlade said:

Yes. It was always intended as a release from the first mention.

 

Yes, I knew it was a coming kit...my allusion was to the fact that nobody had mentioned its arrival or mention of an impending arrival pre-order anywhere. SB has had it in stock for two days now... I just thought someone would've seen and posted before I did.

Edited by Juggernut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Propwash said:

I bought one a while back when it first came out.  Looks to be a very complex kit.  Haven't gotten around to it yet.  One thing I don't understand is why Zoukei-Mura went to all the trouble of including pistons and connecting rods in the engine cylinders but didn't bother with a crankshaft.

 

 

I'm not sure of your inference so excuse my ignorance... The above kit is not the same as the original issue; it's a short nose version with applicable options for that type.

Edited by Juggernut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Juggernut said:

 

I'm not sure of your inference so excuse my ignorance... The above kit is not the same as the original issue; it's a short nose version with applicable options for that type.

 

Actually you do, as you commented on the piston detail in the first kit. And regardless of the length of the nose, why wouldn't they use the same sprues for the engines in both kits? The question is why have the detail of pistons and connecting rods but no crankshaft for the rods to connect to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

 

Actually you do, as you commented on the piston detail in the first kit. And regardless of the length of the nose, why wouldn't they use the same sprues for the engines in both kits? The question is why have the detail of pistons and connecting rods but no crankshaft for the rods to connect to?

 

Well, I guess I did not make myself clear about what I was not sure of, my error for the assumption....." I bought one a while back when it first came out. " is the phrase I was not sure of.  I was not sure if the author of that post knew that the two kits were different or not.  I viewed the information regarding the engine pieces as immaterial and ignored it.

Edited by Juggernut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Propwash said:

I bought one a while back when it first came out.  Looks to be a very complex kit.  Haven't gotten around to it yet.  One thing I don't understand is why Zoukei-Mura went to all the trouble of including pistons and connecting rods in the engine cylinders but didn't bother with a crankshaft.

 

 

Same reason they have all the other fictitious unnecessary detail.   :shrug:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience, the first release of an all new tool kit gets almost all of the attention.  Once that’s been thoroughly dissected, everyone pretty much knows what to expect from subsequent variant releases since it will be the same with just a few new parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 4:35 AM, Juggernut said:

Or has it slipped in under the radar?  I'm not pulling the trigger on this one as I have the other one.

 

I drop by the ZM webpage every couple of weeks or so to see if anything new has dropped.

I knew this one was coming since before the first kit was released - It was announced at the same time as the first release ... The two biggest Australian stockists had mine in the post at the end of the 1st week of August.

 

Rog :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 6:35 AM, Juggernut said:

Or has it slipped in under the radar?  I'm not pulling the trigger on this one as I have the other one.

 

Zoukei-Mura Ki-45 Nick (Super Wing Series No. 14)

 

Ux5RTs9.jpg

 

Grabbed one in Tokyo 4 or 5 weeks ago.

it comes with both gun noses and decals for a couple of very nice looking Nicks.

I was surprised pleasantly and its different enough to be worth grabbing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...