Anybody Notice This New Kit Yet?

Juggernut

I bought one a while back when it first came out.  Looks to be a very complex kit.  Haven't gotten around to it yet.  One thing I don't understand is why Zoukei-Mura went to all the trouble of including pistons and connecting rods in the engine cylinders but didn't bother with a crankshaft.

1 hour ago, CATCplSlade said:

Yes. It was always intended as a release from the first mention.

Yes, I knew it was a coming kit...my allusion was to the fact that nobody had mentioned its arrival or mention of an impending arrival pre-order anywhere. SB has had it in stock for two days now... I just thought someone would've seen and posted before I did.

Edited by Juggernut

1 hour ago, Propwash said:

I bought one a while back when it first came out.  Looks to be a very complex kit.  Haven't gotten around to it yet.  One thing I don't understand is why Zoukei-Mura went to all the trouble of including pistons and connecting rods in the engine cylinders but didn't bother with a crankshaft.

I'm not sure of your inference so excuse my ignorance... The above kit is not the same as the original issue; it's a short nose version with applicable options for that type.

Edited by Juggernut

2 hours ago, Juggernut said:

I'm not sure of your inference so excuse my ignorance... The above kit is not the same as the original issue; it's a short nose version with applicable options for that type.

Actually you do, as you commented on the piston detail in the first kit. And regardless of the length of the nose, why wouldn't they use the same sprues for the engines in both kits? The question is why have the detail of pistons and connecting rods but no crankshaft for the rods to connect to?

43 minutes ago, CATCplSlade said:

Actually you do, as you commented on the piston detail in the first kit. And regardless of the length of the nose, why wouldn't they use the same sprues for the engines in both kits? The question is why have the detail of pistons and connecting rods but no crankshaft for the rods to connect to?

Well, I guess I did not make myself clear about what I was not sure of, my error for the assumption....." I bought one a while back when it first came out. " is the phrase I was not sure of.  I was not sure if the author of that post knew that the two kits were different or not.  I viewed the information regarding the engine pieces as immaterial and ignored it.

Edited by Juggernut

5 hours ago, Propwash said:

Same reason they have all the other fictitious unnecessary detail.   :shrug:

On 9/7/2019 at 4:35 AM, Juggernut said:

Or has it slipped in under the radar?  I'm not pulling the trigger on this one as I have the other one.

I drop by the ZM webpage every couple of weeks or so to see if anything new has dropped.

I knew this one was coming since before the first kit was released - It was announced at the same time as the first release ... The two biggest Australian stockists had mine in the post at the end of the 1st week of August.

Rog :)

On 9/7/2019 at 6:35 AM, Juggernut said:

Or has it slipped in under the radar?  I'm not pulling the trigger on this one as I have the other one.

Zoukei-Mura Ki-45 Nick (Super Wing Series No. 14)

Ux5RTs9.jpg

Grabbed one in Tokyo 4 or 5 weeks ago.

it comes with both gun noses and decals for a couple of very nice looking Nicks.

I was surprised pleasantly and its different enough to be worth grabbing.