Correct IRIAF jet colors

That's interesting info! When we were still friends with Iran I hauled Tomcat engines and parts to Iran in the C-5A. Also hauled F-5E/F's in the cargo compartment...

8 at a time! One of the Grumman guys gave me a IIAF TOMCAT sticker...still have it! 

Cheers...Ron

3 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

Informative post. The F-14 is such an attractive plane. I'm sure the Chinese and Russians would very much like a look at one.

I’d think that getting their hands on an F-14 would be of little value to either the Chinese or Russians, since it’s an old plane, that isn’t in use any more (at least not by anyone that they care about).  While the AWG-9 was Tier 1 for the 1970s and maybe the 1980’s, its old technology now, and both China and Russia currently have much more capable radars.   It would be something they might like to have for a museum, but that’s about it.  Besides, I’m sure they’ve already gotten information about them from Iran many years ago.

Thanks for the informations about the remaining Tomcats!

Thanks for the color charts. That answers the question about the Ethiopian air force Tiger IIs too, which were also painted in Minor Asia pattern.

Regards

- dutik

On 12/12/2020 at 8:56 AM, LSP_Mike said:

Informative post. The F-14 is such an attractive plane. I'm sure the Chinese and Russians would very much like a look at one.

It's technology that's half a century old.   The Chinese / Russians would like to see one about as much as the US would be chafing at the bit to see an Su-15.